 Administrative / General / 12818
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:31:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
We assume that the email used to register and the email that is part of the
posting identity (after decode) is a VALID email. If it's not valid, if it
blocks incoming mails from admins, or if incorrectly treats mails from
legitimate addresses as spam, that's technically a ToU violation.

Which brings up another point - do official mails come from the @lugnet.com
addresses, or from your private emails? I would suggest it would be best if it
could be arranged for them to come from a @lugnet.com address - that would make
it easier for members to make sure they aren't SPAM (or otherwise) blocked.
Don't know if it's something that's easily set up though.

That's definitely the preferred method; in fact, I had some problems sending and
receiving using my LUGNET admin email address, but those have been straightened
out.

While it's preferred, I don't believe that it's absolutely required, but perhaps
it should be. Using @lugnet.com certainly is an indication that the email is an
official communication. Like this post.

Yes if it's already set up, I would suggest that it be required. Then you could
even have something in the posting info somewhere (or the ToU? Both?) saying
"All official Lugnet emails will come from a @lugnet.com address, so we advise
you to make sure such addresses are not blocked by either your ISP or your email
client."

Or similar.

ROSCO