  *95638 (-100)
  Re: WTT: 8880 for BSB

Take care of David first, oh mythical BSB hoarder, but if you have more than one I can offer the same deal. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: what do you think of my website ?

Cool! Belgium is now firmly located on the MindStorms world map :-} Philippe Possemiers (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Droids (8000, 8001, 8002)

(...) Agreed (I just finished my Battle Droid a few minutes ago). One thing, though. Either Lucas' people aren't checking for "correctness" as thoroughly as people think they are, or Robert Brown's research is incorrect ((URL) The box shows the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ribbed Tube Sizes

They are standard (even multiples of 1 "stud length") sized, as are the flex tubes. Although I've noticed that sometimes the ribbed tubes seem to be cut a little long or short, and are off by 1 "rib" or so. "Steve Bliss" <blisses@worldnet.att.net> (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

The puzzle thing is very good - I don't know how many others do this, but I usually try to build a new set from the box cover illustration. For smaller sets, it's easy; for technic sets, it's often quite difficult. But fun! Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: what do you think of my website ?

(...) in my browser, I thought, ho-hum, another useless graphics intensive site with stupid content after the home page.... BUT, the analog clock and CD-Wall are really COOL! Now, I'll be the first to admit I have a real bias against graphic-heavy (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: dragster race

(...) Un decimo di minuto sono 6 secondi. Giusto ? A me sembra un po' lento sinceramente. Io con il mio dragster, (che attualmente ha solo 2 motori e spero che qualcuno mi presti il terzo cosi' lo metto nell'asse anteriore), percorro 5 metri in poco (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Ribbed Tube Sizes

Has anyone noticed if the ribbed tubes (like from 8448 and Cyberslam) come in standard sizes, or is TLC just cutting them to whatever size they happen to need? Ditto question for the flex tubes, I suppose. Steve (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Droids (8000, 8001, 8002)

(...) 8448 is loaded with beams, albeit ones with holes along its sides. I would say almost half the whole model is beams. I just took mine apart yesterday to make room for my 3 droids. Trust me, lots and lots of beams. Jason F. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO box

If you're a 'collector', then the boxes are important, but since I'm a builder (not a collector) and have no intention of selling my LEGOs, I don't save the boxes ... but I do save the back panel from most boxes since they show alternative building (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Divers (was: Lugnet Roll-call)

(...) Hmm. I wonder if LEGO thought about making a combo-pack of something like 6558 Shark Cage Cove and 6250 Cross Bone Clipper. If they had included an additional instruction set, to build a shipwreck search-and-salvage (or the academic equivalent (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.town)

  what do you think of my website ?

Hi people, what do you all think of my website ? (URL) me all you comments, ideas and remarks please ;-) Greetz, Snoozy (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Huh?!?!?!

(...) This reminds me. A while back I was looking through my LEGO instructions and catalouge collection. And I remember being very curious as to why my 5510 instructions were dated (c)1986. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Attempting to Find Prat-no TLG- 3711

(...) The chain links are available as lego Dacta spares pack No. 9937 containing 108 links they cost about 6.50 UKP Regards John (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Most wanted color other than those in the brick packs

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Gary Istok (<38833FCA.3DBE201F@umich.edu>) wrote at 16:14:02 (...) And brown. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: OMR Filenaming Standard Change?

(...) Like I mentioned in my reply to Tim, giving the .dat the same name as the .mpd gives even more consistency. The .mpd is named xxxxa-yy.mpd so if we name the .dat the same way, it has all the basic information(#, modifier, year) and the user (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Attempting to Find Prat-no TLG- 3711

Does anybody know where I would be able to find the chain links as supplied with the 872 gear set? The set is almost mint otherwise! Alex (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Sending RCX message using the PC

Hello, I've made something like that in java. I've started out with the rcxport of Scott Lewis (www.slewis.com/rcxport/) and made a little console application with it that accepts a port identifier and a value as parameters. It works under Linux and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Bricks on Chicago Hope (Was: Re: Lego On Chicago Hope)

(...) Wow - maybe there is hope yet.. (...) I did at least - thanks :) :) Richard (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Huh?!?!?!

(...) My brother found a 5540 in a Jamesway in 87 or 88. The box and instructions are (c) 86 I think. I'll have to verify this however. KL (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) <snipped bits> (...) Or better yet, sell a specific grouping of plates and bricks that make a mosaic picture. Rather than an instruction book, have a booklet with several "alternate models" That would be cool! James (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do I want a micromotor?

(...) I've made an electrically activated pneumatic switcher with a micromotor, and a 3:1 gear ratio. It's not quite perfect, it could probably use a higher gear reduction (or maybe just fresh batteries) but it's pretty small (6w X 5d X 5h) and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: using "lego" in domain names

(...) So I can´t have an address like that? I know about many people with such addresses. --Tobias (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Looking for Train Station 2150 or 4554

Want to purchase either train station 2150 or 4554. Need one that is MIB. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  looking for a 2585

Hi All, I'm looking of for a 2585, the little train set that came with the LEGO Train Software. My son thinks its a train superman (because on the pic on the side of the box) and really wants one. (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Check out this unusual auction...

(...) Yeah he has relisted it starting at $400. Still too high. Kevin (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Itentification?

(...) blasphemy! (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I keep almost all of mine these days. Some LEGO is bought for the collective, and some LEGO is bought for the set. I like keeping the set separated from the collective. Plus I think hand me down LEGO, from one generation to the next, will be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) For storage, a collection, or sentimental reasons. If none of those are good enough reasons, then ask on lugnet to see if anybody wants them, and maybe you'll find someone. - David (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sending RCX message using the PC

(...) It is very simple, but also I am having some strangenesses with it... The syntax is a simple sequence of bytes as follows:- 55 FF 00 F7 08 XX ~XX CC ~CC Where XX is the message number, ~XX is this inverted (XORed with FF), and CC is the sum of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IKEA storage boxes

(...) My first thought is to buy some address labels that you can run through your printer. My only problem with that is they are not easily removeable. If your collection is like mine, with constant drawer swapping and part relocation, that might (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: GMLTC Module Construction

John, You can keep the layout at my house. :-) I am surprised nobody has offered a garage for that thing. My car has graciously donated her house for my layout. Mike Poindexter John Gerlach <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

I believe the box are useless but one question come up. If I want to sell that Lego Model in the future and will most lego fan prefer the parts in the box or just send parts in a zip sandwich bag? Ron Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  How to connect handy board with linux

Hi, I have a problem, I wish someone can help me. I use linux to control my handy board. I can type command under IC, but I can do nothing without IC. HOw can I do something out of IC? Like type some command in another terminal? Your help will be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  IKEA storage boxes

Hi, I have bought a big collection of storage boxes at IKEA from the MOPPE series. See (URL) are various combinations of drawers. So now my wall is partially covered with storage system. I'm happy with it, looks nice and keeps my bricks nice and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: MOC: Aquaraider Wavechopper

(...) Thanks! (...) Well, one day I just stopped going for haircuts and...oh, you meant the minifig hair. It's Qui-Gon's hair from the SW Ep1 sets, no modification. (...) It's red, just like the real thing. The face was originally on a castle 'fig (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: GMLTC Module Construction

(...) And very diffult to navigate up the narrow staircase from our basement "laboratory" to the outside world... Doh!! We've decided we need a much bigger building space, anyone want to sponsor us? <grin> John1, GMLTC (trash the '.nospam' to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Most wanted color other than those in the brick packs

(...) And don't forget light blue......... Gary Istok (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Lego On Chicago Hope

I was watching Chicago Hope this morning and the doc is talking to a manic and he's telling the doc why he thinks he's manic, lists off a bunch of stuff and then says he made Wrigley field out of his daughters Lego bricks, then asked the doc if he (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8480 Technic Space Shuttle

(...) month?..:-) (...) I was standing in front of the shelves at my local TRU, waiting for the clearance...... :-) Arnold (...) shipping (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: LEGO box

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message news:20000117.104043...uno.com... (...) This was exactly what I'm doing till my collection was about 10000-12000 pieces, then it was a must to changed the storage into a stackable drawer system. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  my great new find!

I was in Shopko the other day (Norhtern midwest discount retail chain) and I discovered not really a great set but a great deal. They had the droid fighters discounted 75% off. I was thinking about picking up a few but did even better. My sister (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 34° iscritto ItLUG: Francesco Ferrara

Francesco, ti aspettiamo sabato!!!...!!! -- Cheers Carlo. LUGNET member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  eBay -Space #6861 and #6876 end today

I have two space auctions which end today on eBay. Lego 6861 X-1 Patrol Craft current bid is a steal at $15.00 (URL) 6876 Blacktron I Alienator current bid $8.50 (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) Sorry, until last night, the web page had suffered a operator error (namely, I erased the Lego index page again...thats the 2nd time...) Http://www.geocities...edway/2049 then look under lego, and Buildings in NLC, then theater. James P (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Warner Bros "dotcom"

LOL. That is exactly what I bought (except I got $72 worth of power packs). Can't pass up a good LEGO deal... --Ron "David C. Pyatt" <dcpyatt@netzero.net> wrote in message news:FoGs8w.BMp@lugnet.com... (...) and a (...) full (...) this (...) Packs (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) If the box has reasonably strong walls (eg, a big set like 8880 or 6982) I often cut off the flip-top and use the box for sorting/storage. The smaller trays from medium size boxes are also good for storage. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Danger Do Not Read - May Shock (was: Which is the "best" Technic model?)

AAAAAARRRRHHHHH!!! I guess you warned us. Michael (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Scott Sanburn's MISB sets on E-Bay: Update 3

To All, I have posted several sets MISB on E-Bay to support my ever growing collection. Most auctions are still at reasonable prices, and these are some really good sets. The Shell sets are only at 63.00, which is a good price for those sets. Sets (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I don't think there's a reason to. The boxes are useless. The LEGO parts are what are useful. I don't know why so many people keep useless LEGO boxes; they're good for keeping the parts in place at the store, but once buy it, the box has (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  eBay: A variety of lots listed today...

Here's what I currently have going on Ebay: 60 New Lego 1x6 Yellow Tiles wood pattern 20 New Brown Lego Corral Style Fences 8 New Lego 1x6 Trans Blue Windshields 8 New Lego 13 Rung Lt Gray (Grey) Ladders 110 New Dark Grey Lego4x2 slopes w/44 corners (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Do I want a micromotor?

(...) I've used it to controll a geerbox and a check differential (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Controlling pneumatics

This is NOT the pneumatics robot kit which contains the valves but it does have a compressor. You will be really disappointed if you order that kit expecting to find the valves. The pneumatic robots kit is an extension of the mobile robots kit. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Droids (8000, 8001, 8002)

I just got the three droids in the mail on Thursday (Let's hear it for Shop at Home!) and all I can say is, "Wow!" Lego did a spectacular job on these three sets. The Pit Droid, though simple, is just neat. The Battle Droid can best be described as (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  WTB: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

Hey I'm looking for two Quarter-Dome UFO Hull with no prints, found in the 6979 Interstellar Starfighter. I'm willing to pay $10 for it, but if you have a wishlist, let me know and I'll be sure to look for your things. Thanks! -- pn (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Houston Area Lego Group:

(...) Mine just has two bookcases, a futon couch and end table, a couple of beanbag chairs, a small TV table, and several large, full Target bags. Oh, plus the train and the box of pieces that I'm currently sorting. I spent all of my free time this (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) I sure would like to know, but it doesn't seem to matter to much as of right now. Besides, i have to use my existing collection first, anyway. And when i am done, maybe I can look to the new LEGO direct, or whatever! Scott S. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) piece...look (...) Tell me where there are pictures of your theater, and I'll look at it. :) This reminds me of another way to look at odd or 'useless' pieces: sometimes, using a a whole pile of identical pieces together gives an unexpected (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: trade value of an RCX?

I think that would be a little much, I like the idea... though a little much, considering they cost over 100.00 from S@H even at half that because of the clearance sales, that's a lot to put into a box. Of course all the other clearance sales could (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Question about 6332

(...) Pre printed. Ugh! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Sending RCX message using the PC

Hi, I've seen in Dan Baum's book that the PC can be used to send messages (as if it was itself a RCX) to other RCX. Does anyone knows the procedure? Please send details so that I can myself program this. If you have code lines, that's even better (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) Yep - besides which, the reason I posed the question in this newsgroup, was to see if TLC wanted to supply us with a reason for the whole juniorisation movement. Not that they need to defend themselves in any way, of course.. but the question (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

I posted this to .trains yesterday, but forgot to cross post to .market.shopping. Sorry. On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Tony Priestman (<wSIT$MAIWgg4Ewf0@you- rang.demon.co.uk>) wrote at 17:53:12 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MOC: Aquaraider Wavechopper

(...) Very nice indeed! (...) I know Jeff a little from NELUG and if you are talking about "Jeff - The non-minifig version" I can tell you that is his hair. Totaly unmodified :). As for "Jeff - The minifig version" that would be Qui-Gon Ginn's hair (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: 34° iscritto ItLUG: Francesco Ferrara

Mario Ferrari ha scritto: (...) Oddio, mi si è fermato il cuore per 5 secondi !!! Gulp... Ciao Giulio (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Mindstorm firmware C compiler for W95 platform ready for download.

(...) This seems very interesting! But I fear that having two different C development environments will split the development efforts... As a developer I wouldn't want to have to write my code for two platforms, so it would be nice to have some (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Will's Small Castle Auction - Update 8

I acquired the following sets in a lot I purchased over the holidays. As a townie I have no use for these so I've decided to auction them off. The rules are pretty simple: This is a G1, G2, SOLD auction with advances occuring approximately every 24 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: MOC: Aquaraider Wavechopper

[FUT lugnet.build, since I'm really not commenting much on the Aqua part of the message] (...) (URL) , since your .sig is properly formatted and my newsreader works correctly. ;-) (...) Cool little MOC. I like the second picture best, where it (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: Useless parts?

(...) Since this "face" is what I'd label as "Ugly [Androgynous]" (as opposed to "Ugly Female" or "Ugly Male"), I've been using this "smiley" for some of my Pirates (pirate men). Franklin (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Destroyer Droid Found!

I live in NJ and TRU had them in stock on Saturday. PA TRU stores get shipments from the same distribution location as NJ, so they should have them by now. I noticed that they did put them in an unusual section. All the TRU in our area have been (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) adults (...) of (...) Hmm. That's not what I was thinking, but it sounds cool to me! :) I was thinking more about repeated sections (once the instructions show how to build the first floor, and floors 2 through 10 are duplicates of 1, don't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: John E. Doolittle

Mr L F Braun wrote a truly epic story. It needs a bit of a beginning. How about..... So, at the height of their (John E. and Aurora's) success, while Waite is broken and penniless having blown his not inconsiderable fortune in vain (and often comic) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Destroyer Droid - Help w/ unrolling

(...) I posted a fix earlier. If the grey pin pops out even a little, the head will have trouble. The grey pin passes through a technic element that is always attached to the head. Wrap a small rubber band around this part. Now, there is also a (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Shoulder Pads

(...) The shoulder pads appeared in these sets as well. Mix of black and dark gray pieces. Maybe gray, I couldn't tell from the pictures. Only one pads-piece per set. 2964 - Space Spider (anyone ever see this set after the initial spotting?) 2965 - (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What set should I get next?

(...) It would be perfect... £40 :( (...) Good! :) I'll check it out (...) Thxs Richard :) ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

If anyone is interested, I've started a port of Ldlite to OPenGl and linux. So far I've only gotten the rendering part working, and only with a fixed viewpoint, but the images look pretty close to ldlite for windows. I suppose the next step is to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Adult lego sets.

(...) Crash Bandicoot, If I recall right. And I have to disagree with the video game thing, but alas, another debate.... Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Minerva 1.5 robot model  [DAT]

Hi all, This is a redesign of the Minerva robot from _The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS Robots_. It's been redesigned so it can be built with the pieces from RIS 1.5. Raytraced building instructions will be going online in the next week or so; (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Danger Do Not Read - May Shock (was: Which is the "best" Technic model?)

(...) I got my boxed copy for UKP10 (~$16) in a local private sale. Scott A (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO box

Ron Atkinson <rlanet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FoHFxo.It6@lugnet.com... (...) I thought "no" a year ago, now I'm trying to replace the boxes I've thrown away, to make it easier to store them, etc. Here's a clip of the post I've already sent (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: B-wing (slightly off topic)

(...) you (...) Not really, Zahn also described turbolasers as a continuous stream instead of bolts. This is clearly overridden by the movies. Such errors are ommitted from the Encyclopedia/BTM CD. Zahn also described communications as sub-space (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cowboy hat - not a Town Jr. thing!

(...) Hmmm.. I never heard of the cowboy hat / town junior link. I think the original cowboy hat was from a black minifig car, with on minifig, in the early days of the minifig era. I know the exxon station (6375) had a black one, which was my first (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

(...) Time and time again I place FS postings on both LUGNet and RTL and get zero responses. I'll then put the same item on EBAY, only to have a LUGNet/RTL regular buy +20% over my FS price. MAD! In the UK we have a phase : "You can take a horse to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  LEGO box

Is there any reason to keep Lego box? Ron (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which is the "best" Technic model?

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3882FAE4.8013AF...w.ac.uk... (...) WHERE did you get this set from - I've been looking for one for ages, no luck. E-Bay prices seem to be a bit too high - is there anywhere else I could lay my hands (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Catalog nostalgia

(...) Sigh indeed. I think the 1985 and 1986 were my favorite years, when I really started collecting sets. I get too upset when I look at these now, and then I look at City Center..... GRRR!!! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some auction pages just hurt your eyes.

(...) (URL) with shipping it comes up to be over $160 for a set that is still available in stores for $139 or less. (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: B-wing (slightly off topic)

(...) While the story lines of games are generally considered acurate unless overridden by higher canon, the technology is usually modified for gaming or just plain wrong. For instance X-wing vs. TIE fighter's ship info section lists a Victory Star (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: missing boba fett

(...) Hmm.... maybe I misread this post. I thought the person in question just wanted to get the Boba Fett at no cost, if you pay for it, fine with me. If they called TLC wanting replacement parts for it, without paying for it, then I think that is (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

Welcome Andrew! (...) Which is why all my auction listings give the source, and further, credit Lugnet and suggest that people learn to use it. If all of the folks who frequent this newsgroup and sold stuff on eBay did the same it would cut into the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Has anyone used the Naboo soldier torsoes with castle lego?

(...) I havn't yet but I plan to. I am thinking of changing the hands to just yellow hands and adding a hair piece to make a "middle class" type citizen. I may even try giving him brown arms to see how that looks. I love the brown hands by the way I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Target UPC phenomenon

(...) Well, Meijer usually does the black marker across the UPC code when items are clearanced severely, and the item is not in the database anymore, or, if it is, I am thinking of damaged grocery items, such as cans, they do it so it doesn't scan (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  trade value of an RCX?

Hi all, I've been toying with the idea of dropping the programmable brick from a mindstorms set into a Jambalaya box. If that happened, how much would someeone have to trade into it for it to be fair? I just haven't seen them for sale at all. Chris (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

(...) a (...) Andrew, Welcome to LUGNET. It really is confusing as to why people will bid so much on a set that you can just go out a get for less. I don't think you are going to find any of those people here on LUGNET though. For the most part we (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Help for hard to find sets

I'm a new AFOL to lugnet. I've been noticing the high prices that some people are paying on auctions for brand new Star Wars sets. Are there a lot of areas where the sets are in short supply? The local Wal-Mart & Zellers stores have a lot of Lego. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"JK" == Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> writes: JK> The guy I spoke to said [...] that they would probably put a 2000 JK> Service catalog in the package with my order. My (first) order has now arrived. This service catalog turned out to be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se)

  lugnet(TM) mentioned in Canada's National Post - kinda neat !

G'Day Just happened to notice at : (URL) gets a mention about six paragraphs down. Cool ! Cheers Oliver (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Warner Bros "dotcom"

Thanks, Ron. I think... I've got to quit reading lugnet.market or I'm going to have to find a second job to pay for all the LEGO I've been buying. If I thought the wife was going to be upset about the stuff I ordered from kbkids.com last week, wait (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: WB store sale

Wow! Thanks Larry... I just ordered two of the 8735 Technic power packs for $12 each. That is two gear reduction motors and white clutch gears plus other parts for $24 plus $5.95 shipping... I've seen this set at TRU for $37.99 normally. When I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 34° iscritto ItLUG: Francesco Ferrara

(...) in (...) PAURAAAA!!!! (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

Skipped 19 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact