 Technic / 848
Re: Droids (8000, 8001, 8002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Grant Elliott writes:
I just got the three droids in the mail on Thursday (Let's hear it for
Shop at Home!) and all I can say is, "Wow!"  Lego did a spectacular job on
these three sets.  The Pit Droid, though simple, is just neat.  The Battle
Droid can best be described as clever (especially the gun thing).

Agreed (I just finished my Battle Droid a few minutes ago).

One thing, though.  Either Lucas' people aren't checking for "correctness" as
thoroughly as people think they are, or Robert Brown's research is incorrect
(http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/tradfed/tradfed11d.htm). The box shows the
Security model (red shoulders) as having antannae. According to
Robert, "...whilst the Officer has the small shoulder-mounted backpack and
antennae, the Security class droids have no such equipment."

Just food for thought.

-Steven
http://home.mindspring.com/~svore