 Technic / 907
Re: Droids (8000, 8001, 8002)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:01:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Koesel wrote:

Many of the chassis' used in traditional Technic sets get their
strength through connecting beams together with the black connector
pins, not by using the studs on the beams.  I agree that by using the studs,
you can make very sturdy constructions.  In particular, you
can stack beams together, with two rows of plates in between and then
connect another beam perpendicular to them (again using connector
pins).  But you can get the same kind of rigidity using the new
angled Technic beams (and half beams).

Seems like most traditional Technic constructions get rigidity by the
combination of friction pegs and stud-and-tube layers.

Steve