 Technic / 849
Re: Ribbed Tube Sizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Bliss writes:
Has anyone noticed if the ribbed tubes (like from 8448 and Cyberslam) come in
standard sizes, or is TLC just cutting them to whatever size they happen to
need?

I've convinced myself that all the pieces of the ribbed tubing in the sets
I have are of some integer stud length - 2L, 4L, 16L, etc.  I began by
just measuring them in cm or mm, but as I look back on those measurements
now, they always divide evenly by the stud-separation length.  Definitely
true to within a mm or so.

Ditto question for the flex tubes, I suppose.

I'm not as sure about this one, but there does seem to be some
correlation.

as evah,

John C.