 General / 13751
Re: Catalog nostalgia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:43:38 GMT

"Tobias Möller" wrote:

Take a look at theese two catalog scans from BrickShelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1985/c85eu/index.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1985/c85nl/index.html

Now, compare them to todays catalogs.
While the 2000 catalog has a drawn boy with sunglasses, these catalogs have
real children in them.
There are a lot of text boxes saying how creative you can be with LEGO.
And in the later catalog, there are these minifigs saying something in dutch
and holding up bricks. I don´t know what they say, but I think it´s
something like " all bricks fit together" and "the best toy is the one you
build yourself".
Compare this to the "Destroy! Build! Transform! Collect!" texts in the 2000
catalog.
And take a look at the town and space pages...
Not only are the sets better, compare this *real landscape* with todays
computer-drawn backgrounds.

Sigh...

Sigh indeed. I think the 1985 and 1986 were my favorite years, when I
really started collecting sets. I get too upset when I look at these
now, and then I look at City Center..... GRRR!!!

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html