 General / 13960
Re: Catalog nostalgia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:33:50 GMT

At their website, I´ve read that their motto is "Only the best is good
enough".

--Tobias

Your remarks go towards something I have mentioned previously... TLCs
motto is (IIRC) 'Play Well'. There seems to be a distinct difference
between 'Play Well' and 'Build Well'. Many of us who are interested in
building things would desire a better selection of basic building parts,
whether this is for a KABOB or for an AFOL. Todays sets seem to be more
'theme' oriented. A theme being a basic starting point for a scenario of
play. Going down this road leads to a place where Playmobil is today
(all play and little or no build). As adults, we want to create, to
build, to envision new (and old) things. We rarely do this to play.
Perhaps the time has arrived for TLC to recognize the distinction
between these two philosophies. Perhaps the time has arrived for TLC to
embrace 'Build Well' along with 'Play Well'

Ray Sanders