 General / 13959
Re: (technic) Lego Moves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:39:51 GMT

Hey Thanks, Scott.  These appear to be Technic commercials, aired on TV.
They are not North-American though.  I'd guess them to be European, or
perhaps Australian.  I wish Lego would market the larger Technic sets like
that over here <sigh>.

The first commercial actually features, 8443, 8456 and 8480.  These are
1996 sets so, that's probably when this commercial aired.

The second commercial features 8812, 8857, 8858 and 8880.  This one is
from 1994.

The third commercial features 8440, 8460, and 8485.  This one is from 1995.

I remember seeing a 1998 ad a while back on the net too, featuring 8417,
8428, and 8462.  I'm sure they've got one for 1999 too.

The robotic assembly lines (made from Technic parts) these commercials
feature are really cool.  I doubt that they are as functional as the ads
make them appear, but they still look nice.

"Scott-A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message
I found some Lego *.mov files on a old Technic CD last week. I must
admit I quite like them. Basically, there are 3 short advertusments for
the 8880, 8480, 8456 and 8465.

I've uploaded them so they can be shared by all.

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Locker/2432/index.htm

Scott A