 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / 32
Re: Houston Area Lego Group:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:00:15 GMT

Doug Finney wrote:

Susan Hoover writes:
Doug Finney wrote:
Susan Hoover writes:

Mine's about 12x11, big enough for 3 or 4 people sitting on the
floor. Um, yeah, there are some boxes that aren't on the shelves
yet, from 40% off sales. [1]

Mine's about that size but you lose a couple feet all the way around
due to shelving and drawer units and a banquet table. Then you lose
a couple more feet due to the boxes and bins of partially sorted
pieces, built but unsold used sets and new acquisitions. Oh, and the
new light fixture for the ceiling that I haven't installed yet
because it requires some electrical work in the attic and I haven't
had time since it finally cooled off. :-)

Mine just has two bookcases, a futon couch and end table, a couple of beanbag
chairs, a small TV table, and several large, full Target bags.  Oh, plus the
train and the box of pieces that I'm currently sorting.

I spent all of my free time this weekend sorting pieces.  I sorted and stored
the contents of: 1/2 of one small red bucket, 1 purple Time Cruisers tub
(huge!), 1 LEGO suitcase (black one that came with the Technic "Night
<something>" kit a couple years ago), and 1/2 of a 1-cu-ft "Box-4-Blox" sorting
device (has 4 trays with gradually smaller holes).  That was probably 2/3 of my
unsorted pieces.  I bought a variety pack of Gladware storage containers that
seem to work well.  Plus, since I emptied out the Time Cruisers tub, I moved my
Ziploc baggies into it.  And, because I now have so many sorted 1x2 bricks, I
had to move them out of the shoebox-size container they were in and into the
large blue bucket (1819) that previously held the baggies.  Other baggies that
didn't fit into the TC tub are now in the small red bucket.  Overall, it was
quite a productive weekend.

Re: sales. I found a whopping 3 sets at >40% off this year. One was
the big SW pod racer sets though so I'm still happy.

Most Targets that I've been to are completely done with the %-off stuff.  One
still has 4561 trains, but they are still only at 40% off.  I have never seen
75% off like some people are seeing.  In fact, I never saw anything >40%.  I am
waiting for those trains to go down.  Someone said in .market.shopping or
.theory that Target lowers its prices on Wednesday, but I checked last Tuesday
and yesterday (Sunday), and there was no difference.

True, number of people could make a huge difference. I'm hoping to
get a digital camera before going to Legoland but haven't figured
out how much I'm willing to spend yet.

I've had my eye on the $999 Kodak model.  I just can't justify spending that
much, though.  Maybe I'll have to settle for the DC240.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX