 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / 28
Re: Houston Area Lego Group:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:28:11 GMT

James Simpson wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, James Simpson writes:
I'm wondering if any Lego fans in the Houston area (I mean that
broadly - perhaps including Bryan/College Station, Victoria,
Beaumont, etc., etc.) would be interested in getting together from
time to time (perhaps once a month?)

Since monthly doesn't work, any ideas on a good format?  Perhaps we
could rotate the meetings?  I'd be glad to host the first meeting
(pending my wife's approval)...I live near UH, if that's convenient.
Back to the format...would this be a get-together to discuss ideas,
check out our MOCs, trade?  What are folks' interests?  Personally,
I'm pretty much devoted to SW, though I like just about everything
else.

I could go for one every three to six months.  I'm in the Montrose /
River Oaks area.  Doug didn't say, but I think he's in the Heights.

I have been MOC-less recently.  I would welcome a chance to just sit
around and build with somebody.  Maybe that would help me get some good
ideas, both for things to build and how to build them.  IMHO, something
that would be fun would be to meet in someone's "LEGO room" (um, we all
have one, right? :) ), dump a few buckets of bricks on the floor, and
start building.  And, of course, if we did this, then the last part of
the get-together would be pitching in to return the host's LEGO room to
its pristine, sorted condition (except for any MOCs that might have
been created).

I like town (incl. trains), castle, and space, and occasionally
pirates.  I keep thinking about bailing completely out of pirates,
because pirate ships bore me[1], but I like the buildings, so I haven't
yet.

[1] As does practically anything nautical in real life.  But I like my
4031 that Really Floats!  Go figure.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX