 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / 29
RE: Houston Area Lego Group:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:40:49 GMT

Susan Hoover wrote:
I could go for one every three to six months.  I'm in the Montrose /
River Oaks area.  Doug didn't say, but I think he's in the Heights.

That is correct. Didn't I say that? Maybe I never got that message
sent. Or did I mention the other stuff (like Model Team, assorted 70's
pieces and whatever new stuff catches my eye) but forget location?

I have been MOC-less recently.  I would welcome a chance to just sit
around and build with somebody.  Maybe that would help me get some good
ideas, both for things to build and how to build them.  IMHO, something
that would be fun would be to meet in someone's "LEGO room" (um, we all
have one, right? :) ), dump a few buckets of bricks on the floor, and
start building.

I've been MOC-less recently, too. I do have a Lego room but *I* barely
fit in there, let alone a whole group of people. I could probably stuff
some more junk up on the shelves since that's what they're there for.

And, of course, if we did this, then the last part of
the get-together would be pitching in to return the host's LEGO room to
its pristine, sorted condition (except for any MOCs that might have
been created).

?!? Whose Lego room is in a pristine, sorted condition now? I wanna see!
In addition to not building anything recently I haven't sorted the parts
I've broken out of new sets or picked up used in, uh, a really long time...

I don't think we need to decide on such things as frequency of get-
togethers yet. We can have one and see how it goes, then start going
"ready for another one yet? who wants to host? what should we do?"

Oh, side note, I'm going to Legoland, CA next month (tentatively).
Hopefully I'll take tons o' cool pictures. I also hope to pick up some
of that nifty "other" Lego stuff - pencils, notepads, etc. I can pick
up some extras if anyone's interested, though I don't know what
specifically there will be to choose from.

Doug