 Local / United States / Texas / Houston / 33
Re: Clearance price-matching (was Re: Last round of Target markdowns?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:23:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Susan Hoover writes:

'Fess up, Doug.  Did you take all 10 of the 4561's that were at $78 for
weeks and weeks and weeks at the Galleria Target, the morning they went
to $32.44?

'Twasn't me. I didn't even know they had any. Seen any Mindstorm stuff
discounted around here? I ran by the Target out I-10 East at lunch today
(more on that below) and it was all still full price. What's up with that?

BTW, Don't bother going to the Target in Baytown.  I obliged the
inventory crew by helping them clear all the old sets out.  ;-)

I've made some good scores in Baytown in the past but haven't driven
out that far in ages. Got some good stuff, I take it?

There is currently a Mos Espa Podrace set at the aforementioned Target.
I'd bought it for $54 a couple weeks ago but later found another for
$23, followed by a couple more at Walmart for $10 (heh heh). And did you
know that location is closing? As of tomorrow at 2 p.m.  Can anyone
confirm that Target does not typically have clearance sales when
shutting down a store? Twice in the past I've tried to go to a Target
only to discover it had mysteriously shut down since the last time
I was there. The one on I-10 is about half empty now but nothing is
on sale except the usual clearance stuff. I guess they ship it all
to other stores? Where's the fun in that?

Doug