 Dear LEGO / 1361
Re: Adult lego sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:34:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Knoot writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Bliss writes:

Likewise, LEGO's instruction books are beautiful, but more detailed than • adults
need (or want, usually).  And the instructions add significantly to the cost • of
sets.  So simplify the instructions!

Steve

Steve, you're really on to something there!  By only providing simplified
instructions, Lego would be tapping into the puzzle market!!!  3D, 1000+ piece
puzzles for whole-new crossover market possibilities.  I smell a hit!

Hmm.  That's not what I was thinking, but it sounds cool to me! :)

I was thinking more about repeated sections (once the instructions show how to
build the first floor, and floors 2 through 10 are duplicates of 1, don't show
details on 2 - 10), and mirrored sections (don't show it separately, just say
do it again, mirrored!), and placing more pieces per step.  Stuff like that.

Following through on the puzzle thought -- print one side of each brick with a
picture, and make it a real jigsaw puzzle (without a real jigsaw, of course!)

Steve