 Dear LEGO / 1381
Re: Adult lego sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:45:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Bliss writes:

Have you checked the suggested age range on the upcoming "Ultimate Collector's
Series" Star Wars sets?  The Y2K US inbox catalog labels these as "from 16
years".  That qualifies as an adult lego set to me.

Stick to basic bricks and windows, and let the part count grow to the
multi-thousands.  There have been recent blue bin sets with 1200 basic bricks.
These bins have been priced at around USD30.00, right?  So keep the parts • basic
(and limited) to keep costs down.

Likewise, LEGO's instruction books are beautiful, but more detailed than • adults
need (or want, usually).  And the instructions add significantly to the cost • of
sets.  So simplify the instructions!

Steve

I agree with Steve. It would take several thousand pieces to make good "adult
sets" like Jodi describes. A skyscraper might require 40 floors of 30+ windows
each and the detailing around them. The base would be at least four 32x32
building plates. I've awakened from dreams where I just got the newest Lego
set with 5,200+ pieces - all to build a single model!

I can hardly wait for the reality.

Wayne