 Dear LEGO / 1380
Re: Adult lego sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:37:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Remy Evard writes:

I do agree with Steve though.  I find most of the instructions slow
down the building, so I usually only reference every 4th or 8th
instruction image.

I think I'll try that in future :) I got a bunch of early-mid 70s town sets,
and the instructions in those actually made me *think*, I had to lie down from
the shock! My point being - I'd really love to know why the instructions and
sets have.. simplified. Is it really because chlidren won't invest time in
something challenging when easier rewards are available, or don't enough
parents have time to build with their chlidren or...?

Richard

I have to agree to the comments about instructions. It used to take 20 steps
to show how to put a 300-400+ piece model together. Now it seems that there is
an instruction step for every other piece. Waaayyy too many steps. I end up
building (when I do build the model) by turning the page and doing the last
pic on it. I couldn't believe when the instructions for the newest "super car"
had two books and about 150 pages! C'mon Lego, reduce your printing costs and
increase the number of pieces to make up the difference.

Wayne