 Marketplace / Shopping / 2224
Re: Target UPC phenomenon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:26:35 GMT

Dave Jost wrote:

No ripped UPC's although I did notice the UPC on one of my finds was
mutilated with a black magic marker..??? why I don't know!!

Well, Meijer usually does the black marker across the UPC code when
items are clearanced severely, and the item is not in the database
anymore, or, if it is, I am thinking of damaged grocery items, such as
cans, they do it so it doesn't scan the full price, and the cashier has
to put the price in, which is listed somewhere on the item.

Scott S.