 Marketplace / Shopping / 2169
2168  |  2170
Subject:
Target UPC phenomenon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:47:33 GMT

Noticed an interesting phenomenon at Target stores and was wondering if anyone
here knew the reason.  I too participated in the mad dash to target clearance
for all sorts of great stuff.  I was specifically after Mindstorms stuff.  I
was able to find a few things, but I noticed that several of the sets I found
particularly the Robosports boxes, had the UPCs ripped off.  In one case I
found 4 sets at one store, and every UPC had been ripped off an made off
with.  the seals were not broken and nothing else was damaged.  Is there some
top secret rebate that requires the UPC or is someone making a big fat UPC
collection?

also if any of you fellow Target hunters, manage to find the Train set 4561 at
the next clearance level, (discounted bellow $77.90)  please post.  I've been
tempted but cant quite make myself buy it at the price now.  thanks.