  *86868 (-100)
  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

(...) Given another option, I avoid the West Loop at all costs. But tomorrow I have a meeting near San Felipe and Post Oak so I'll be checking that Target then. Actually, I should hold out for TRU since I have some Geoffery Dollars to spend. Doug (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) If you have enough grey to build a minifig-scale Death Star, you can make any kind of doors you want! ;) Seriously, though, I've usually handled carried craft in the "Space: Above and Beyond" method, with only the cockpit actually *in* the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) Yo Timbo! (As taken from the current James Bond themes, Yo Jimbo!) Revive? Did they ever produce them in the first place? Scott S. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) I tend to use many hinges and large plates for bay doors, when I build such doors. I place the hinges on the edges of the bay, and attach plates in such a way so that the plates interlock when the doors close. But, here's another method: (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

I have a good idea for Lego if they rerelease Imperial Soldiers at some point. Print on different colored torsos, red guards on red torsos, blue guards on blue torsos. This would make the distinction between the classic ones and the new ones (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 6949 & 8054 on ebay

(...) Hi Marco- This kind of announcement belongs on lugnet.market.auction, not lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. Good luck in your auction. best, LFB (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: H-Town has 'Em!

(...) Ooh, thanks, James, I'll have to head over there... I'm about equidistant to that one and the San Felipe one. It's a tossup as to which area of town will be less overrun with people at this time of year. :-( (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Longest train?

My experience tells me the bigggest factor limiting the length of the train is the number of curves you have and their configuration. Take you same 71 car train and try to drive it through a double s-curve. That is 8 curves one way, then 8 the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Minifig Colour Precedents? (Was: Re: Panaka is yellow?)

Hi, (...) This is an issue that came up with Fisher-Price over the "Little People" line back in the 1970s. Everyone had hitherto been a generic Caucasian-hue, and then Fisher-Price made a licensing deal with CTW to make Sesame Street sets. The (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NMRA San Jose in Y2K

(...) I agree. We should start planning immediately. (...) Since I don't have the time or money to build my own modules, I'm willing to help out a few weekends building them. Russell (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2000 Lego

Jim Foulds wrote ... Last night, I had to run out so I figured that I would stop by (...) the (...) Toy (...) That's pretty much what it always looks like :). I found a few of the new sets there last week, but nothing my budget allows. I haven't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: How old are you?

MindStorms was the cause of my interest in Lego. I am 62 and getting younger the more I play with Lego. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Geddes" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:2044A9F15B38D21...esi.com... (...) was (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Where is the Firmware?

(...) It's called firm0309.lgo and it's in LEGO MINDSTORMS\Firm. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Where is the Firmware?

Mindstorms is firm\Firm0309.lgo This is on your MindStorms Disk. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Nostrand" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:l03130307b486aa...42.230]... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) I think the brown officer's hat is also a new piece. (...) This was, in part, the reason I was given at Consumer Affairs (admittedly, a loose theory by the rep I was talking to) as to why female minifig heads came so late, comparatively. (It (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: How old are you?

I have one. Jim, do you live in Atlanta? Hajo (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

I would like to have the separation, too. I think that the minifig scale is terrific for fine detail, but some designs (I have done) are too huge for minifig. Maybe there could be a four-way split? Techfig scale, Minifig scale, Microfig scale and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) Yeah, it's probably best to have them judged seperately, but I feel I have to point out - I wasn't thinking "small" - I was thinking "largest I can pull off with my collection", which is maybe 3 or 4 feet. A Battlestar at minifig scale would (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

(...) I should point out that Rose was referring to the 2000 consumer catalog I found in a set I purchased, not the vendor catalog :) KL (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  2000 Lego in Seattle

Has anyone seen any? I've been to a few stores and have not. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa)

  Re: FIber-optic rotation sensor

(...) Try this little experiment: Configure one of the RCX inputs as a light sensor type (to make it a powered input) and set the data mode to RAW. This lets you see the results on both the RCX LCD and the fiber-optic strands. Turn the axle until (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AFOL

(...) The question is still sort of open as to what we call LUGNETters under 18 (As there are a good number, often more loquacious and articulate than the AFOLs. I've seen "Jr. AFOL" and "YAFOL," but did we settle on one? best Lindsay (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

Juda <guido.romi@bridgetec.it> wrote in message Fn5t5u.C4M@lugnet.com... (...) (uno (...) Sono le scatole universali del 1980: una vera bellezza :-) (URL) GOdt :-) Domenico (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

(...) Sorry, I forgot the "variant." US Version is non-firing. :) LFB (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Ieri

Massimiliano Vispi <massivng@iol.it> wrote in message Fn4uI0.HBF@lugnet.com... (...) (nel (...) forse (...) di (...) Noto con piacere che il baricentro si sta spostando verso il sud :-)))) caro concittadino Comunque a Roma non è tanto facile (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 24° iscritto ItLUG: Paco Garofoli

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message Fn52x2.GK9@lugnet.com... (...) Ottimo!!! Benvenuto Paco -- LEg GOdt :-) Domenico (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: How old are you?

...and I have 10 of 'em. :) 9 of which sit in my basement. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  5561 4x4 at KB Kids.com for $50

(URL) also have red buckets for $8.76 (URL) Doucette. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

(...) Yeah but they're "69" stickers ;> For reasons of recently discussed in admin- general I don't think I can say why I like these stickers. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I can even post "69". Chris Chris (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: Exploration Mars

(...) Sigh... l'ora e` precisa... e non e` nemmeno un record: una volta ho fatto due giri completi... Ciao. Marco. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: First Lego League Software

(...) Why not? I was writing BASIC programs when I was in that age bracket, and I'm sure lots of other people were too. NQC isn't much harder, if at all. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2000 Technic in WalMart

(...) You might want to make sure you check both the Star Wars Toy area and the Lego Aisle. Last night I found the Battle droid, Pit droid,Desert Skiff and A-wing in both locations in the East Town Walmart John (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) The running joke among my friends is that the Stupid Little Spacemonkey ("Blarp" from Lost in Space) should have had a meter over his head, ringing up the number of dollars from the SFX budget that were going to animating very second he was on (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Brown 1 by X plates?

It has 1x4 plates as well. Troy Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:Fn59zG.A00@lugnet.com... (...) brown (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Destroyer droid out in the UK...

...but not seen where I am yet, sadly :-( Huw (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NMRA San Jose in Y2K

I'm in for helping, Mike, but I'll have to deflect until I get back from the UK at the start of February. Let's do some planning at the next BAYLUG meeting about this.... I'm willing to drive 2 or 3 others down to Fresno for a some weekends of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

(...) Scusate l'ignoranza; ma il 722 e il 733 cosa sono? Ho provato BrickSet ma non li ho trovati. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Anyne with a scanner got the new castle sets yet?

If so, I would be very grateful if you could send me high-quality 75dpi scans (with 15% JPG compression) of the instruction covers for www.brickset.co.uk Thanks in advance. Huw (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle)

  Legoland article

I just received a copy of AAA magazine's VIA magazine and Legoland, CA is feature article and on the front cover. If anyone wants a copy of the article I will scan it later and post it. Sun Valley, Idaho is also featured. I have two multiyear (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  H-Town has 'Em!

I know that virtually everyone else in America has the new sets, and therefore my post will generate a collective yawn, nevertheless I cannot bear to retrain my glee and announce that I have a had a most wonderful lunch hour, and I can now (finally) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: I've got a Destroyer Droid!

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:tTREvCAPIRY4EwM...n.co.uk... (...) Very nice, but where from? Huw (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

Brad Justus wrote in message ... (...) can (...) Thanks for the response. We are very excited to have you join us. This news is as exciting as waiting for Kevin Loch to upload scans of the 2000 catalog, however not as immediately gratifying. Rose (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

(...) Parteciperei volentieri alla spesa, ma sarebbe necessaria la famosa lista. Almeno per farsi un'idea. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: First Lego League Software

I agree that it is a problem. In fact, I didn't know Robolab could use variables. So it was unfair, though not hugely so. This is something FLL needs to address, because the lack of variables is really a big flaw, and very hard to explain to the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  2000 Technic in WalMart

I was amazed to see a Battle Droid at Walmart today, just lying on a shelf. Looked like a lot of 2000 stuff was there, but there was only one droid. Usually the LEGO aisle at Walmart is fairly picked over this close to Christmas, but it was well (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thanks for the welcome

<snip lots of wonderful news> I would just like to say thank you once again and welcome. I like everyone else can't wait to share our feelings and ideas with you. I am sure some of us will be more critical than others but without constructive (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: RCX Code on the Mac?

(...) There was an announcement some time ago about Lego setting up a new office in San Rafael, focusing on Mindstorms projects. Something about drawing from the talent in the Silicon Valley. Maybe they want to steal people from Pixar? I believe (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Spline editor

Almost any language can handle this. You need access to floating point variables and that is it. 2D splines are fairly basic geometrically speaking. I'm not sure why you would want to do that though. Typically (I'm a graphics programmer) we use (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roboarm.nqh

I was using the RcxCC program. I put the nqh file in the RcxCC directory and everything worked fine. Thanks for the information. By the way, I am really enjoying your book. I hope everyone gets a chance to read and use it. -- Bob Fay (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: How old are you?

In response to Mark Geddes informal poll. I'm 43 and I don't own a pinball machine. I didn't do legos as a child. My wife and I got the Mindstorms kit for my 10 year old last Chrism-akkah (as my wife puts it), but dad seems to be more interested. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

I negozianti devono pur sopravvivere :) e se fiutano l'affare ... Fammi sapere l'elenco e non sia mai che io mi tiri indietro se vedo qualcosa che mi interessa, anche se sto attraversando un periodo di "pirateria" No non informatica, ma Lego :) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Ledit to POV-ray

Dear all i am new to converting files from dat to pov-ray and when i try to convert i get messages like could not find box5.dat referenced to ... also when i render my images in pov-ray i only get the boblles on the bricks and i do not get the whole (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  LegoSub using a Mars Robotic Extension : Is it a Joke ?

Hello, Just saw today, please check : (URL) seems they've created a real submarine robot including the camera from the Exploration Mars set ! As I know, this set (Mars) isn't available... Christophe (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) I love nano- or micro-fig scale stuff. I like the challenge of coming up with totally new uses for elements, and seeing what others have thought of. One of my favorites comes to mind: a black minifig hand detached and used as a clip- on laser (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Thanks for the welcome

Well. Wow. What can I say? It certainly appears as if we have opened Pandora’s Bucket… First, allow me to thank you all for your overwhelmingly warm welcome. I can assure you, it is as thrilling to us to be able to make the announcement of LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  8286 3 In 1 Car

Set 8286 - 3 In 1 Car Manual Piece Count: 735 Distinct elements: 181 * indicates part does not count toward total Qty Color PartID Description 1 Gray 3307 Arch 1 x 6 x 2 1 Black 2654 Boat 2 x 2 Stud 1 White 2436 Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 4 2 White 3005 (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  FS or FT Town Minifigs and Pieces

I have these town minifigs, pieces, and accessories for sale or trade. Take a look at them on my web site. (URL) me if you have questions. Here is my wanted list. clear radar dish as in Set #452 minifig space helmets (old style any color except red) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Simple electrical question

(...) (total is 6 amps for your aplication) That is good enough for what they want James Powell (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) I'm 28, but (like many here) I've been playing with LEGO since I was a wee tyke. I distinctly remember Xmas of 1979 when I got the Expert Builder car chassis (ages 12-+), (I was 8) and had to show my bigger brother (he was 26) how to put it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How old are you?

I'm 17. I think I probably started lego before my first birthday. James Pritchard ----- Original Message ----- From: Mark Geddes <mark@AudeSi.com> To: 'Lego' <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 3:37 PM Subject: How old are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Roboarm.nqh

(...) The idea behind including files is that it allows a common set of definitions and/or functions to be shared by multiple programs. NQC by default searches the current directory for any include files. It is also possible to specify a search path (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message Fn51wy.F9s@lugnet.com... (...) di (...) po' (...) Sono stato vago comunque è stato lui stesso a parlare di sconto nel caso di un cospicuo ordine: uniamo le forze e i portafogli :-) -- LEg GOdt (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

Finalmente posso darvi maggiori informazioni. Innanzitutto smentisco l'ottantina di scatole di ieri, sono "solo" qualche decina senza Pirati nè treni :-(, la prima volta sono stato ingannato dalle scatole di playmobil (tutte d'annata, vi interessano (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: FIber-optic rotation sensor

Mario Ferrari wrote in message ... (...) I'm wondering, what is the resultant "resolution" (ie, counts per rotation) of the fibre-optic device? What sort of raw values does it return, as you rotate the axle? Iain -- tokama (URL) UIN 5362826 AIM (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  S@H Canada Goodbye

Well, It looks like I'm the last to find out. As a resident of Owen Sound, Ontario, I don't get out much :-) I called to upgrade my RIS and found out the sad news too. Apparently the French speaking operators are still there, but the warehouse no (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) How about spliting the contest into 2 catagories. 1 nano-fig and the other mini-fig. This would let those with smaller collections still participate. I definitly don't think Mini-Fig and Nano-figs creations should be judged side-by-side in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Roboarm.nqh

I am working my way through Dave Baums' Mindstorm book and I have lost my way regarding the #include command. The roboarm1.nqc program calls for roboarm.nqh to be included. The program will not compile because it "cannot open roboarm.nqh". Some (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

Mini-Fig scale is the primary scale, but I'm not sure about nano-fig. What does everyone think about letting nano-fig entries in? I personally think it would ruin the contest..... (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) That doesn't necessarily indicate race. Perhaps the Ancient Egyptian Minifigs only had brownish paint. ;) (...) I don't think they have a say in how the characters are represented as figures. I believe someone mentioned that about Mark Hammil (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) I use pneumatically operated doors that open downward and form a ramp, but I build primarily surface vehicles, so you may not want something like that. But, pneumatics could probably work in the way you want to door to open. Greg "Default (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Constructing Bay Doors

(...) My thought would be three brick wide doors, with the doors being one brick thick, and you can use technic parts, or a wheel system to get that effect. (I don't know if this would be an entire ship approach, or more likely a stage approach. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Constructing Bay Doors

I would like to know some of your concepts on constructing bay doors on larger vessels. Its been somewhat of a problem to me in the past, and it would be nice to hear others' strategies. I guess the main thing for me is having a functional door on a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  FA (eBay) Adventurers 5905 Gail Storm/5906 Achu Ruler of the Jungle

Get Gail Storm 5905 and Achu, Ruler of the Jungle. Both are non-US set, MISB. Auction 1, Ends in 2 days (Dec-23-99, 20:20:17 PST) No Bids Yet!! Starts at $10.00 (URL) 2, Ends in 4 days (Dec-25-99, 20:16:52 PST) 1 Bid at $10.00 (URL) Sets on eBay (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) So would we all, if Lego hadn't already opened themselves up to this sort of probing. The hieroglyphics on a number of Adventurers sets clearly show the Ancients with dark brown skin, so we can't just pretend that Lego has no opinion on the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Simple electrical question

I am doing a train show in the UK and have been asked by the organisers to answer some questions on the power supply. Output : Voltage ? Max current ? I plan to have three controllers, what are the answers please. Thanks, David (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A Motor as a Sensor? An idea

Carsten Müller <spirou@jumper.org> wrote in message news:3860FCDF.80682D...per.org... (...) Yes. This idea has come up many times. Try searching lugnet.robotics for generator or similar words. RCX Sensors and Input = (URL) G. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 2000 Lego

(...) You mean there are other lagers? 8^P At many PA bars, you could just as readily ask for any beer that's not yellow and get Yeungling. Straubies are okay if your taste buds aren't working and your bladder is... Dave! (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) EXACTLY!!!!! Nobody has truly yellow skin, and that is the point. Sure, we could go to tan (which might look cool), but that is more likely to offend than generic yellow. Quite frankly, I'd prefer to avoid the whole race issue in my Lego (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

Well, i'm still looking to find out what might go wrong. Fixing the sigio handler is of no use as cygwin doesn't send sigio's when data arrives at a serial port. Peter (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Why not wait

(...) Nah, they'd probably have acted like they'd been injured, but it would really have been someone else. (...) That's interesting, especially considering the superultramegaheavy-duty marketing push they gave Darth Maul, who likewise had about 2 (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2000 Lego

(...) Funny, I was just there for ten weeks working at Metlife in Clarks Summit. I stayed at the Inn at Nichols Village (NICE!!!) I really liked that dickson city area- I drove to TRU every night looking for the new sets, then found them the weekend (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) This (...) It does not say his name in the instruction book so I think officially it is not supposed to be him. I think a yellow Lando would be just fine- it's not like caucasian folks are yellow either. Chris (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

(...) I'd like to shoot South Park out of a canon. Dave! (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Viewing DAT files from my browser?

Is there a way to view LDraw DAT files that are posted to models directly from a web browser? To state it more clearly... I am using IE 5 to read LUGNET in it's web based format. Is there a way I can "read" the DAT files people post on the fly, or (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

(...) If you *really* want to spend $1000 on a supercar, I've got one I'll sell to you. Steve (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: IR Control

(...) Heck, you can do that with the IR tower there already. Well, if RCXCC existed on a Mac you could use Applescript to run the interface, build "Speakable items" to run the Applescript and be able to talk to the RCX. Sadly, no one (but Dave with (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

(...) I agree. I saw a few episodes, some parts are funny, but most of it is just gross. Give me humor over crudeness any day. Scott "None of my arctic minifigs are named Kenny" Sanburn ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  A-Wing and B-Wing MOCs posted

For those who missed the .dat files for my A-Wing and B-Wing MOCs when I posted them earlier this year, I reposted them in cad.dat.models. Enjoy! Jeff (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  B-Wing Fighter, Combat Mode (MOC)  [DAT]

Well, with the release of the Official A-Wing and B-Wing models, I thought I'd repost the MOCs I made earlier this year. This is my B-Wing (Combat Mode), which is almost perfectly to scale. Enjoy! Jeff 0 B-Wing Fighter, Attack Position 0 Name: (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  B-Wing Fighter, Flight Mode (MOC)  [DAT]

Well, with the release of the Official A-Wing and B-Wing models, I thought I'd repost the MOCs I made earlier this year. This is my B-Wing (Flight Mode), which is almost perfectly to scale. Enjoy! Jeff 0 Star Wars B-Wing Fighter, Flight Mode 0 Name: (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  A-Wing Fighter (MOC)  [DAT]

Well, with the release of the Official A-Wing and B-Wing models, I thought I'd repost the MOCs I made earlier this year. I'm starting with my A-Wing, which is slightly larger than scale. Enjoy! Jeff 0 A-Wing Fighter 0 Name: ~AWing2.dat 0 Author: (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: redirector page

(...) Yeah, I'm perpetually surprised when I see big, supposedly professional sites not doing this. (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) I've been following this with interest because I always find space stuff neat, although castle is my primary addiction... anyway, would the contest be ONLY minifig scale, or would other scales be allowed, so long as it still results in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Launching your robot from a grenade launcher

Check out (URL) to see an interesting robot designed to be launched from a grenade launcher and hop over barriers 10 inches high. - Tom Lageson tml@tennantco.com (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  I've got a Destroyer Droid!

Yep. There I was looking for the new castle stuff, and I moved this Technic droid out of the way. Hang on, that's a Destroyer Droid! :-) :-) Exit me with big pile of new LEGO :-) I've just noticed the price, and choked: £34.99. <gurgle, thump> (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) I have heard similar rumours (and they must be rumours, because apparently the script hasn't even been written yet), but I was trying to couch it in terms that were relatively spoiler-free, so as to make the post friendly to folks who don't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) serious?" (...) Yup, that's the idea. Take a look at Jeb's Lego Page: (URL) That'll give you an idea of the scale I think people will most likely be working on here... Personally, I doubt I'll be entering one myself since I don't think I have (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) Ehehe, ok, here's my contribution: I have 0 (zero) pinball machines. (er... I never understood the fun of playing with a metal ball inside a box with a glass on top and lights all over and funny noises... but then... my collegues at work think (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How old are you?

(...) I am 29 and my first Lego set was givin to me by my friend when I was 10. Havent played with Lego since. I just recently bought the MIS and the Space Shuttle Set (Zainy Brainy) and the two new books. Havent used it much, but I am planning on (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Panaka is yellow?

(...) or (...) And from what I understand, Mace will indeed become a very important character in the next film... -- -Bones- = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) the (...) images, (...) of my (...) think (...) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Skipped 14 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact