 Star Wars / 5127
Re: Panaka is yellow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:14:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Christopher Lannan writes:

I think a yellow Lando would be just fine- it's not like caucasian folks are
yellow either.

Quite frankly, I'd prefer to avoid the whole race issue
in my Lego collection.

So would we all, if Lego hadn't already opened themselves up to this sort of
probing.  The hieroglyphics on a number of Adventurers sets clearly show the
Ancients with dark brown skin, so we can't just pretend that Lego has no
opinion on the matter.

That doesn't necessarily indicate race.  Perhaps the Ancient Egyptian Minifigs
only had brownish paint.  ;)

Perhaps it would be worth wondering how Samuel Jackson or Billy Dee Williams
feels on the matter...

I don't think they have a say in how the characters are represented as figures.
I believe someone mentioned that about Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford earlier
(like, last time this was brought up or something).  I could be wrong, though.

Jeff