 Star Wars / 5138
Re: Panaka is yellow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 02:31:58 GMT

Parallax wrote:
Is it really that big a deal to make brown mini-fig heads?

All human LEGOfolk are yellow, including Asians and Native Americans.  Why
should LEGOfolk of African descent be any different?

Was there a fuss when the Islanders showed up, and they were yellow?  I'm
not entirely sure what racial group they're supposed to represent.  Since
they're interacting with Pirates, they're probably not South Pacific
Islanders - but they sure look like them.  Carribean natives?  In any case,
they would likely be very dark brown in the 'real world'...but they were
LEGO yellow in the LEGOverse.  (With, admittedly, weird makeup jobs)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m