 Robotics / 9275
Re: First Lego League Software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:07:47 GMT

I agree that it is a problem.  In fact, I didn't know Robolab could use
variables.  So it was unfair, though not hugely so.  This is something FLL
needs to address, because the lack of variables is really a big flaw, and
very hard to explain to the kids why there is virtually no way to "remember"
anything in the RCX.

But I don't expect they will open up FLL to non-LEGO software.  And I
wouldn't recommend it anyway, not for 9-14 year olds.

--Jack Gregory

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Its not silly at all.  It has to do with what is available for use within • a
classroom that is supported by curriculum, resources and activities.  It • is
very difficult for most teachers to do these kinds of projects without • proper

Sure, but why should those teachers/students able to use NQC be banned? I
can (perhaps) understand banning it for being too powerful, but if that • were
the case, Robolab should be banned too.

--
Matthew Miller                      ---> • mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       ---> • http://quotes-r-us.org/