  *68952 (-100)
  Re: Need ideas for vehicle

Jon Palmer wrote in message ... (...) Do it!!!!! Paul [My page: (URL) Update soon!] (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dungeon Master's Castle / Black Knight's Castle?

Grahame Reid wrote in message <381B6251.6B2E8878@i....co.nz>... (...) Really? Why? I've never had one, but from the pictures it looks very "stunted", a humungous gatehouse with a paltry bit of wall stuck 'round the back. You're certainly not the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: skully.gif

(...) i thought i saw a voodoo man, but this thread made me look, like a gillian anderson fan. later ~ craig (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) christian ~ hi. the pink birdie planes are my favorites of the wretched mc-d sets. i guess being indescribly disturbed is not as bad as being repulsed, so.... brasso metal polish works like majick to remove pre-printed images from lego pieces (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) What do you mean trashed? do you mean that they were all snapped up by the collectors and they had none left for the happy meals? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Scout secrets revealed

Even som more Additional observations: - I made up a program to blink a spot on a computer screen as if it where a barcdode, but didn't succeed in triggering either the Code Pilot or the Scout. Don't know if it's fundamental or just in execution. - (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: UK to US money transfers

(...) Ian, please dont say "people with very sensitive hooters" as I get into a fit of laughter every time I read your line ,-) -breiler (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Holiday Catalog-2000 Adventurers

(...) eh, about the dark, not americans... -breiler (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote in message ... (...) My question too. I paid for both the RIS 1.0 and the Scout, but 'll be missing out on the new software to control the Scout from pc, which is in the RIS 1.5 update. I strongly believe this 'patch' should (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Chatting?

I was wondering if "lugnetters" happen to hang out on any IRC servers/channels in the vast waste of cyberspace....*blinks* hey, a pun. Kya (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

* Mike Walsh (mike_walsh@mindspring.com) [991029 14:47]: (...) Here in Pacifica (Just South of San Fran) in Sunny CA: $1.99 each, 10 max. I think this place got trashed with the Beanie Baby toys, so maybe they're being 'cautious'. Ciao! (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonalds Info

Okay, so now that I have 2 pink "Birdie" plans, how do I remove the "Birdie" off the pink slope? I'm usually against altering legos (It disturbs me in ways I cannot discribe), these repulse me. I'm rather anti-McDonalds. Going to be a hard month for (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is this true???

* Todd Lehman (lehman@javanet.com) [991026 22:20]: (...) Oh, you have only the non-firing US cannons? *ducks* Ciao! (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: skully.gif

Where is it? I can´t find it! Nice Halloween-design, Todd! --Tobias (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: skully.gif

(...) Suzanne made Skully specially last year for Halloween '98, but he had so much fun last year that decided that he would like to show up again this year as the mascot for Halloween '99. (But he's a bit shy this year, and only peeks out about 1/4 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Three point targeting system

I thought of an idea, Im sure has been used before. Where you have three sensors (ie light or ir) equidistant on an arc and they are all pointing towards the center of the arc. So that when they are all the same value the source is both right in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 760 piece buckets

(...) Are you guys talking about the red fences? I have two of the tubs, and all of my red fences seem to be fine... Bryan (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) Sorry, but I'm going to be stubborn on this one. I abhor short (often cryptic) filenames. In the NQC source tree, almost every class is in its own file, which is of course named after the class. So in a sense, truncating the filenames is more (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

I know one thing that can ruin a motor.... Never drop it shaft down on the ground, even in dirt. I was carrying it across my yard, and it fell, and now will not work anymore. The shaft was jammed back inside the motor. If your motor will not turn at (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Top Ten Toys on A&E

Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right group for this post, but I think it's close. My apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned in another group. I didn't see it anywhere, so I thought I'd bring it up. I saw a show on A&E (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 760 piece buckets

(...) I just rechecked all mine and out of 48, 2 of them have a missing chunk out of the middle and some flash on teh back. The missing piece is identical, which looks like a mould fault to me. Time to call Lego and complain. Kevin (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

Here's a first draft of the first few questions - comments please! Buying Lego FAQ Before reading the individual questions and answers, there are four resources you should know about which may well, between them, give you the answer to these and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: walker that turns?

(...) I think I've seen four-legged walkers that turn the same way that a tank tread vehicle turns -- walk the two legs on one side forward and the other side backwards. Not the most efficient way to do this, but possibly the easiest to construct. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego parts are featured in mcdonalds (Canada) happy meals currently

(...) Same "campaign" is going on here in Sweden... //Harri Manni - 070-5850517 -"Do not take life too seriously.You will never get out alive." (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  New newsgroup lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab

A new newsgroup/mailing-list lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab has just been created. ROBOLAB is a cross-platform (PC & Mac) graphical environment for programming the LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ Robotics Invention System (e.g., RCX). ROBOLAB, like NQC, does not (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) Nice pictures! Now Merlin, my black long-hair cat is telling me to go for it! I guess I'll have to rip into my half-dead motor to see what's inside there. Since it's not reliable, I've got less to lose by (gasp!) cutting the plastic or (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab )------

Welcome to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab (group): Focused discussion group for ROBOLAB, a graphical environment for programming the LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ RIS: questions, comments, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: 8448

D Garcia wrote in message ... (...) Yes as a matter of fact, TRU has it... (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.ama)

  Re: Mc Donalds Duplo

Thats correct, I bought one of those today. The info is.... Lego Duplo polybag Set # 1759 Age: 1 1/2 - 5 Pieces: 7 The polybag has no mention of McDonald's on it, but instead says "Special offer inside". Another oddity: this one is made in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) looking (...) I am well protected by hundreds of Police, equipped with choppers, motercycles, paddywagons and 20 or so department headquarters. :-) (Too bad they don't have guns. Of course, my cowboys have guns and cannons to help) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Link to great sale at KBkids (+other sets)

(...) Thanks for posting this. I ordered 5 of each, for just $161.60. I guess I could have ordered more of the 6441's, but I mainly want to part those out except for a couple of pieces, and I'm not sure how "popular" those pieces I don't want will (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 760 piece buckets

(...) I got 3 from 4 boxes yesterday. Yes, that is exactly the miscasting I have too...except as well as the flash, there is a missing bit of the fence. James (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: set 2851 Dino Bucket

(...) of (...) Hi Grahame Thanks for your response, you too Heather :-) I contacted the shop again, and the set number was correct, I don't have this in any of my catalogues, its not on pause, and when I tried finding it in the Japanese catalogue as (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: My first DAT file!

(...) The reason is *either* - the normal pin doesn't seat well inside the 1x1 round because it is slightly longer/shorter/too wide/too narrow (choose one) OR - I had a lot of those other pins when I built it and not very many of the normal kind but (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Duplo building plate

(...) Hi Ray, Well, it depends on what color and size it is. The red (2306) and green(2304) large building plates (24 by 24 studs) are both still widely available here (Australia) although the green was discontinued in this years catalogue. There (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: New model Y-Wing

John VanZwieten wrote in message ... (...) Yes it is. I try so hard to make a non-astromech vessle but I always end up putting one in there. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: what is the main purpose of datsville?

It's a dats town, a town made of Lego, a town for virtual minifigs to live and work in. It sure seems that there is enough employment opportunities in Datsville for everyone. I expect to see more businesses when we get more residents. It's just a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  LEGO Meeting in Northern Virginia!!!!

(bigger post to follow up on what Jeff said :-) ...The Northern Virginia LEGO Train Club (NOVALTC) is meeting Thursday, 4th November in Rosslyn, Va at 6pm until we get bored (usually around 10:30pm or so)! We will be setting up lots of track and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Re: bug in semaphore code (was Re: Announce: NQCIPC update

Todd, this is CoolBut: It does not appear to appear from NNTP. Is it your intention to have, um.. lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc.code ?? I like the idea a lot of having a code repository... (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: McDonalds Info

I just picked up the first four sets. I had to go to about 8 McD's though. Most had just 1 and 2. The pink in #3 is the same 'darker' pink as in the Belville sets. There are 3 2x8s, 1 4x4, and the 2x3 printed slope in the pink color. Joe (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

Stephen, I have had one RIS motor fail shortly after first use, apparently developing a shorted armature winding. Symptom: hard to rotate fast by hand. OK very slow. Under power: ran rough and slow, made humming noise I suspect was once-per-motor (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  eToys is online for the UK

I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned before. eToys is online in the UK. (URL) have a seperate site than the US site. Julie (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  eToys now has Dacta

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, eToys has Dacta. Good to know if they have a sale, or you have coupons. Other than that,you're probaby better off going thru Glen. (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Robotics demo

Dennis, your demo sounds great! Please drop in to lugnet.robotics.edu and maybe copy in a bit about what you did. Please tell us a little about the Parallax stuff and where to get it??? I and others are working on learning materials for Mindstorms, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) Actually, if you go out and measure Tangent track now, you will find it is 4 8 1/4, and curve is 4 8 1/2 + There are real reasons why, (don't ask me though!), mostly to do with wheel wear and tracking. (the gauge narrowing makes higher speeds (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: A comprehensive list of clear orange parts

(...) already there (...) set #? (...) set #? (...) already there -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A comprehensive list of clear orange parts

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes: <snipped list> You can add to that list: 1x1 brick with side stud minifig head with alien printing 1x2 grille tile 4 brick high antenna Greg "Eat this!" Majewski (URL)Jonathan Wilson (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  scully.gif

Hehe.. cute stuff Todd! Richard PS. Yes, I did stare at the screen for a few seconds in bewilderment :) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  ZNAP Adverts in UK

There seems to be a spate of Lego adverts in the UK at the moment! Out of the ones that I've seen - Supercar, Droid Dev Kit, Town(city), etc.. the ZNAP one is the most interesting, as in, why advertise something that was a one-off test in the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.loc.uk)

  what is the main purpose of datsville?

what is the reason for datsvilles existence? is it a mining town? industrial town? railroad town? farming town? what? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  A comprehensive list of clear orange parts

The themes most known for clear orange are: ice planet 2002 aquanauts aquasharks starwars ep1 Here is a list of all of the clear orange parts I know of: long windscreen long windscreen with aquasharks pattern short windscreen windscreen extender (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 12

1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid send email to mdarnett@nycap.rr.com. I will try to post updates daily. 3. Minimum raises: 0-$50 by $1, $50-$150 by $2, $150 and up by $5. No proxies please! 4. Advancing will start on 10/26. Bids (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: lugnet.build.minifig? (Was: Re: New newsgroup ... lugnet.minfig?)

(...) Unless there will be dozens of message about a specific topic each day, I would prefer not to see the message groups further splintered. Although my main LEGO interests lie outside minifigs, sculpture and many other things, I do enjoy seeing (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) It is. After a little searching, this turned up: (URL) previous listing had the opening price at $3000 with a reserve set. Something tells me that starting at $500 isn't going to sell this lot any quicker The photo in the above link looks the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Link to great sale at KBkids (+other sets)

Thought I would provide a link since it was a little tough to find: Deep Reef Refuge (URL) Raiders Aqua Dozer for $11.96 (before the 10% off) (URL) Rambler (Technic kit with wheels in front and rubber tracks in back. For 15.96 (befoe the 10% off) (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: this is another strange auction

This, I think, is a relisted lot. I recognize that photo, contemplated bidding and passed. Either that or this seller nicked the photo. Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application Integration! (URL) Lugnet(tm): (URL) ref: lar, 1/2 $$ (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  KBKIDS 6441 Deep Reef Refuge for $18!

Thanks to the post a couple of days ago, I too picked up the current passenger train for under $95. While perusing the kbkids.com site, I found that the 6441 Deep Reef Refuge (Originally $59.99!!!) was marked down to $19.99. Use one of the 10% off (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

I can't provide the proof, I spent some time digging fruitlessly but I seem to recall reading in a book somewhere as a child that England was 4' 8" and America was the extra 1/2 inch wider. As to gauge conversions, my understanding of the US (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  What is space? (was: Re: News on the 2000 space line!)

(...) Yes and no. Spaceport and Launch Command are "space" (lowercase 's') and are themes within the LEGO Town System. But they're not "Space" (capital 's') because they're not part of the LEGO Space System. Star Wars isn't "Space" either, but you (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) Well of course. Imperial Violet is my holy grail of lego colors. Must get at least 20 number fives. Mmmwwhahahahahahahahahaha. (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: What's in a theme...

(...) I thought I called all the Space sets from 1978 to 1987 "Classic Space." --Todd (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Battle Droid siktatd på Stor & Liten i Eskilstuna och Linpeking

Vad är en battle droid? RIS ska snart komma till min lokala leksaksaffär, där brukar de sänka priserna... --Tobias Eric Hampusgård skrev i meddelandet ... (...) i (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: What´s a polybag?

It´s you again! From lugnet.space! I never see polybags, except for those McDonalds sets that´s in the Happy Meal right now. But they look boring. --Tobias (...) Several (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's in a theme...

Classic space sets (or general) are those with minifigs in one color. The rest are subthemes within the actual Space theme. Classic Space was no subtheme, that was just Space. --Tobias (...) et (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What's in a theme...

Hey hey, what I call "classic space" is those sets with visor-less minifigs and their suits in one colour. But M:tron, futuron etc. is not classic space. M:tron, futuron is, along with the the "classic space", the Space theme. You are right. We need (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: UK to US money transfers

(...) No. If you say a girl in the UK kas a huge hooter, you're talking about her _nose_. Though the idea of airport/post office security personel using the other sort of hooters means I'm going to need to sit down in a dark room for a while ... (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Conclusion of the Halloween Lego Design Contest....

(...) :) (...) Congrats to you too, Craig. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Conclusion of the Halloween Lego Design Contest....

(...) "you've just won in the halloween lego design contest; what are you going to do now?" "i'm going to legoland!" congratulations to you, bram, and all the other winners! thanks go to our three contest organizers/ hosts for doing such a great job (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: UK to US money transfers

(...) Does 'hooters' have the same meaning in the UK as it does in the US? If so, I don't understand the joke... --Mike. (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  TRU pricebreak

TRU is offering the tie/y combo for 39.99 and the pod race for 69.99. Just saw it in the paper, and I am not sure how long it lasts. (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO globe

(...) WOW!!! That is incredible! Please, if you get that thing spinning, make an animated gif of it available for AFOL to put on their web pages... or at least for the Lugnet home page!! Chris <>< (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  INTERESTING AUCTION OF the LEGO "KNIGHT THEME"

Just for informing all lego collectors of the "knight theme" that in next coming weeks some interesting items will be posted on ebay, all making part of my collection. Among: guarden inn ,other very interesting items like 6018,6011,6012,6049 and lot (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  INTERESTING AUCTION OF MISB TECHNIC AND TRAIN ITEMS!!!

hello to all, Just informing you all that in the next coming weeks, a part of my lego collection will be up for sale on ebay: Among it train: airport shuttle freight express 4551 4549 4558 7838 7839 7823 technic: harvester 8849 auto chassis 8865 (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: HUGHE LEGO AUCTIONING NEXT COMING WEEKS!!

(...) hallo todd, Since i'm new in this kind of newsgroup, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to repost it, making use of the auction newsgroup. further, have a nice day regards, guy (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New model Y-Wing

(...) I like it! Is that space for an astromech droid b/w the wings. -John Van (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: My first DAT file!

(...) Nicely done, Larry. John III recognized it by about the 4th step. When do we get to see some of those awesome locomotives? To answer your question about rotation steps: a rotation step only rotates the camera angle for writing instructions (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Duplo building plate

Are Duplo building plates hard to come by ? I have one up on eBay (not that I'm plugging it here) and I'm getting no interest. Does Lego still make those ? I found this one in a store that had removed it from the computer (which I think means it had (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Battle Droid siktatd på Stor & Liten i Eskilstuna och Linpeking

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMO...tninet.se> wrote in message news:FKH7nr.Fou@lugnet.com... (...) Samma sak i Linpeking, dessvärre även samma priser. Jag blev lite förvånad när jag kände tyngden på lådan till Battle Droid. Den känns rejäl. Fast (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: UK 1999 catalogue #3!

What was issue 2? I have only seen 2 variants, thay both came out in January - one with and one without Slizers. Huw (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Mindfest Panel on "Why are so few Girls Tinkering"??

Subject: Mindfest Panel on "Why are so few Girls Tinkering"?? (This was passed along from Richard Wright <rwright@pcsedu.com> and added to this discussion with his permission, by Terry King): The topic of the panel was "Why are so few girls (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu)

  Zach's third LEGO auction (update 23)

All high bids made on or before 10/29/99 have advanced to GOING 1; those that were GOING 1/2 in the last update all have advanced to the next level. Welcome to my third RTL auction. It has been about 18 months since my last auction, time for (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LTC national convention?

(...) How about *if* (when?) there is another "Great Create" at the Metrodome in Minneapolis? We could try to get together enough track to make one circuit around the upper concourse of the stadium, that's about a half-mile. Let's see, 2600 feet (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) That's too bad. (And so nobody throws any Timmies at me... As I stated in my original post, I was just repeating what I had read on rtl. If I had know it to be true for sure I would have made a post in .announce.) Julie (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: McDonalds Info

you supposedly have to be 12 or under to win - my wife informed me, sadly.... :( Gene W (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:18:06 GMT, Julie Krenz uttered the following profundities... (...) Hate to rain on your parade, but..... The pictures of the small figures are actually Rock Raiders. (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Personal Projects

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:48:18 GMT, Mark Lindsey uttered the following profundities... (...) Thanks. If you think anything I have done is worthy enough to be linked to what anyone else here has done, by all means, please do. (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 760 piece buckets

(...) Interesting. I just sorted out 6 of these tubs last night and one of the red fences had flash on one end. I'll have to check the others over more carefully. Incidentally, 5 out of the 6 tubs had a Lego COnsumer Survey card inside - this is the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

I now have 2 pics on my computer. If anybody else would like to see them mail me. (...) send (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

Hey John, if order more could you tell me? I might want to buy one off of you. Oh, by the way, I saw this set go for over $100 on ebay a while back (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database)

  Teaching (Mentoring?, Facilitating?) robotics; advice needed

I am about to embark on a great adventure with a dozen 5 to 11 year olds. I've committed to running (or just starting, watching over, keeping peace in) an after-school robotics club at my kids' elementary school. I will be spending one hour a week (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Battle Droid siktatd på Stor & Liten i Eskilstuna

Johannes (12) rapporterar att Technic Battle Droid finns på Stor & Liten i Eskilstuna (pris missade han tyvärr) Mindstorms RIS finns också, 1995:- (bläh!) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Ed Boxer Goes to Enfiled - reformatted and updated

I have reformatted my Enfield site(s) into one site with thumbnails. I have also rescanned the photos (better quality and smaller file size). I would appreciate your thougths. www.geocities.com/~e...field.html Thanks (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish)

  Re: What's in a theme...

I agree that what I would call "Classic Space" sets (...) I just wanted to correct my typo...Todd calls it "General," not "Standard." Sorry about this detail. Dave (jot and jab) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Heres a question: Do the McDonadls's promo sets have Lego set numbers ? I do not see one on the bag anywhere. Nor is there a bar-code to extract the set number from. I did notice an odd code number on the back of #1: 2032/4125052. Is 2032 the set (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  What's in a theme...

(...) I'm ready to dive in here and get SUPER technical! Your argument is valid. I agree that what I would call "Classic Space" sets would include any futuristic theme (Futuron, Spyrius, Unitron, Blacktron, et al, plus whad the Todd calls "Standard" (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What´s a polybag?

A polybag is any set released in a plastic bag, as opposed to a box. Several US-released polybag sets have non-US boxed versions (c.f. 6901/6902, and 6800/6816 are two examples of many). Since you're a European collector, Tobias, I don't reckon you (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  What´s a polybag?

I guess the subject says it all. --Tobias (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My first DAT file!

(...) think (...) whether (...) Any reason you use an axle pin instead of a normal pin? There are some instruction features that need to be added, like a submodel having a x33 for your hydrogen tubes and a part with an arrow pointing to where it (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) Please be careful Mike. For the last couple of years, TLG has been doing business with powerful clans of ninja (you may have noticed at WalMart) and you could find a rather rude surprise if you keep pushing them. ;-) Chris (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 11 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact