 Trains / 2510
Re: LTC national convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:48:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
We should have an LTC national convention next summer.

We could even hold the 2000 foot LEGO track record from Guiness Book of
Records, certainly all the LTC's could muster the track.  This could be the
highlight of the convention. It would pull in all kinds of sponsors and media.

Heck LEGO might even recognize us afterward.

SteveB

How about *if* (when?) there is another "Great Create" at the Metrodome in
Minneapolis?  We could try to get together enough track to make one circuit
around the upper concourse of the stadium, that's about a half-mile.  Let's
see, 2600 feet would mean approximately 800 boxes of straight track, and at
least 25 speed regulators.  I've got 45 boxes of straight track at home, who
else can bring some?  <grin>

And the best part, we could probably do the entire thing with just straight
track, so we could run trains at full speed.  John Neal could even run some of
his 10-wide locomotives...  ;-)

JohnG   GMLTC
  (yes, remove the '.nospam' to reply...)

PS to everyone who has been waiting so patiently:  It looks like the gmltc.org
website is just days away from going live!