 Duplo / 28
Re: set 2851 Dino Bucket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 01:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Grahame Reid writes:

Rachel Kingston wrote:

Is there anyone there that could point me in the right direction to see the
Duplo Dinosaur bucket 2851 please? I have been offered this but cant find a
picture of it anywhere, perhaps I've been given the wrong set number?

While I'm at it does anyone have a red pterodactyl or a blue/purple T Rex
(adult and baby) to spare for my three year old, I will buy or trade, have
access to quite a few old sets, that may interest you.

I have set number 2851 listed in my set database as:

2851 Duplo Building Set, Dino Bucket, Medium - Green, 31-pcs. 1998

I'm not sure if this set appeared here in New Zealand but I did see a picture • of
it in the Japanese catalogue at www.lego.com

Grahame Reid

Hi Grahame
Thanks for your response, you too Heather :-)
I contacted the shop again, and the set number was correct, I don't have this
in any of my catalogues, its not on pause, and when I tried finding it in the
Japanese catalogue as you suggested, the search turned up a blank.
I have never had any luck searching Lego's catalogue, in frustration, I have
even tried searching for sets that they are featuring, and it still comes up
blank. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??? I go into it by clicking on the map,
to open that country's catalogue, then almost everything I type in can't be
found.
While I'm at it, a gripe about Lego, I recently rang to try to get some
information on a discontinued set, and I was told that Lego keeps no record of
previous sets, once discontinued, information is discarded, and they don't
keep the previous catalogues on file, can you believe this? An item as
collectable as Lego, and there is no back information available, other than
the superb efforts made by all you guys out there.
As the new kid on the block, I'm thrilled to be able to throw a question out
there, and find people who are as addicted as me, who are more than willing to
help.

Thanks, Rachel :-)

Rachel