 General / 9358
9357  |  9359
Subject:
Top Ten Toys on A&E
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 05:14:11 GMT

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right group for this post, but I think it's
close.  My apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned in
another group.  I didn't see it anywhere, so I thought I'd bring it up.

I saw a show on A&E today, claiming to list the Top Ten best toys.  You'll
never guess what was missing....

[The hum and clatter of guesses being bandied about.]

Yup, LEGO was nowhere to be seen, despite the inclusion of Erector and
Lincoln Logs; so construction systems were definitely in.

However, it seems that several LEGO fans have jumped to the defence of our
favorite plastic brick, in the posting area on the A&E website.  If you're
interested, here's the URL:

http://www.aande.com/perl/wwwthreads/wwwthreads.pl?action=list&Board=toys&pa
ge=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

Yours truly made a verbose posting, but did remember to put in a plug for
LEGO.

Best Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm