 General / 9824
Re: Top Ten Toys on A&E
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:42:07 GMT

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:17:56 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

Slinky? Oh puh-lease, give me a break!

Isn't Slinky still a pretty popular toy?

It seems to be.  At least, I still see it around, in various forms.  But the
'top 10 list' seems to not be based on sales figures, so it is logical to assume
that it is an attempt at identifying the 10 'best' toys of all time.  Slinky is
certainly fun, for a certain amount of time.  It's also good as worry-stone, one
can shift it between your hands endlessly while thinking about something else.
But should that put it on the 'best' list?

I was suprised that the Yo-Yo was
at number 1, but they talked about how sales at Duncan were doubling and
tripling in recent years and they couldn't keep up with the demand.

Yep, yo-yos have had some resurgence lately, mostly because (I think) of Yomega,
a company which makes high(er)-tech yoyos.

Go
figure.  :)  What really got my goat, though, was seeing Crayola Crayons on
the list at all -- because I disagree that a crayon is a toy.

I can understand classifying Crayola-type crayons as toys.  The problem is, if
the definition of toy is broad enough to include crayons, then things like
scissors, glue and paper should be included as well.

Steve "at what point does it become no longer worth it to forward the discussion
to .off-topic.fun?" Bliss