 General / 9451
Re: Top Ten Toys on A&E
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 18:42:43 GMT

Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote:

Gary Istok wrote:

I agree, how Ameri-centric of them.  I saw the show, and thought for sure that
LEGO would be #1.  Play-doo beat out LEGO, get real.  Lincoln Logs beat out
LEGO?  Yeah, when was the last time Lincoln Logs could build any thing except
a Log Cabin?

hmm.. we need horizontal log bricks so we can build log cabins..
shouldn't be too hard to make, and they'd be useful for all sorts of
things (unlike lincoln logs)

i had lincoln logs and tinker toys when i was young, but you don't see
me using them now..   On the other hand, I can see myself getting out my
erector sets to build something.

--
Tim Buchheim

Tim,  I agree.  Erector set, is definitely worth the top 10 list.  It could be what
inspired the LEGO Technic System.

Gary Istok