 Robotics / 7815
Re: lego Technic "class"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 04:23:50 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Hari Wiguna writes:
Chris Phillips wrote in message ...
I noticed that the motor housing has four "hollow" studs on
the top that snap the case together.  I think you can open the case by
pushing four paper clips (or other pointy objects) into these holes to
release one side of the case.

Chris,
Thanks for the insight!

They say, curiosity killed the cat....  Good thing I'm not a cat!
I opened one of my motors and took photos for everyone to enjoy.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/mvunlim2/lego/Motor/motor.html

PS: Chris, I also was unable to take the guts out of the casing.
Considering that this is a perfectly healthy motor, I didn't push my luck.

Nice pictures!

Now Merlin, my black long-hair cat is telling me to go for it!

I guess I'll have to rip into my half-dead motor to see what's inside there.
Since it's not reliable, I've got less to lose by (gasp!) cutting the plastic
or performing other irreversible acts of destruction.  (Now where is that bad
little motor hiding...?)  I'll post pictures if there's anything left to
photograph when I'm done...

p.s.  The Haloween color scheme on LUGNET today had me gagging for a moment
there until I realized that it wasn't a permanent change.  Whew!