  *556807 (-100)
  Three NIB #7020 Viking sets for sale!

I've got three sets of (URL) #7020 Army of Vikings with Heavy Artillery Wagon>, each is brand new, still in box. I've never sold with you guys before, but here's a link to my (URL) Seller Feedback> and my (URL) Feedback> so you guys can judge for (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ebay auction... (suspect?)

(...) Ugh. That's pretty crappy. What a jerk... Dave! (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  NXC: How to read the distance of US-sensor?

I'm new in NXC. In the NXC-guide, I found SensorUS() returning a value from US-sensor. But in the LEGO software I can select inch/cm. Questions: What value is it returning, inch or cm? Can I set it to inch or cm? thanks Phuoc Can HUA (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Auguri

Auguri di Buon Natale e felice anno nuovo a tutti voi!! Marco (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Auguri

Giuliano ha scritto: (...) Bè, rinnovo i miei auguri del ....... 2003!!! Giuliano (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: LEGO Technic tora no maki!!!

Alfonso Martone ha scritto: (...) Fantastico!!!!! L'ho appena scaricato!! I 10 euro li vale di sicuro! Grazie della segnalazione GIuliano (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés samedi 22 décembre 2007

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Mini-exposition au MaxiToys de Garges-Lès-Gonnesse (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: Auguri

Auguri a tutti!!! (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Ebay auction... (suspect?)

(...) he has more running right now of the same thing. John P (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ebay auction... (suspect?)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Alexander Farlie wrote: ***big snip*** (...) On the plus side, the auction ended without a bid. I only glanced at it, so I don't know if it was terminated by the eBay powers-that-be, or if it truly lapsed without interest. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What I got for Christmas was Re: For Chris

(...) . (...) LOL, I wasnt fishing for a thank you... just teasing you a bit. (...) LOL, yeah, like ~MY~ gifts, which will never be spoke about in anything but hushed tones, and never on a public forum! (...) No problem, it was my pleasure. And it (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  What I got for Christmas was Re: For Chris

(...) ok, Janey is right, I should talk more about the other gifts. now that the kids are in bed sleeping, I shall describe them thus: On the first gift of Janey(mas) my true love gave to me: (URL) super cool, geek T-Shirt. On the Second gift of (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: For Chris

(...) Dude, this a Lego forum!!! Geesh, at least you could pretend to keep it somewhat LEGO related! You could have mentioned the deep fryer hidden within the fact that you were given the new bulldozer. Come on, at least try to fake you are an AFOL (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go? (US-Sensor in angle)

(...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ebay auction... (suspect?)

(...) I've email Lego about this several times. They don't seem to care. (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Auguri

Visto che nei prossimi giorni non ne avrò il tempo, auguro a tutti un buon Natale e felice anno nuovo. Ciao Luca Delcarro (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: For Chris

(...) THIS is brilliant. thanks Dave. I cant say more, but I have more bacon plans. Christmas came early for me, (thank you Janey) and I will brag - I mean post more later - but for now, all I ~can~ say is that their is a trip to Costco for me to (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sirens can be US or UK sirens as well!

(...) Actually, there is only one siren which plays both sounds as far as I can tell. You turn the knob on the top of the siren to change what sound is played. Thats how it is on all the sirens I have seen anyway. (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Holidays Around the World

In December of 2001, post 9/11, I created a display at the high school where I teach (I had a student teacher that semester) to foster understanding of other cultures. A book titled Holidays Around the World from the children's section of our (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Sirens can be US or UK sirens as well!

Just my too sense: Some sirens will have a different wail. I have quite a few of them and some were obviously made for the UK (weeee-wah, weeee-wah) and some are made for the US (wee-ooo, wee-ooo, wee-ooo). Aaah, gotta love the technical jargon! :-) (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Nice car. My only suggestion is that you might want to take a black magic marker and go around the edges of the stickers after cutting but before application. Benn (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

(...) Hi Matt, I'm glad you find my project interesting. It's been down due to an assumed HD crash (that fortunately turned out to be no more than just a loose cable!) but after the Holidays, I'll pick it up again. Before running datshine, please (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  For Chris

(URL) Bacon Flowchart.... Gagaghahghghghaghagh......hhh.... (Homer Simpson drool...) Dave K (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: parente con negozio di giocattoli - sconto che pratica 15%

ciao a tutti. confermo quanto ho scritto il giorno 12 dicembre. mi è arrivata la conferma che riesce a praticare lo SCONTO DEL 15% SUL PREZZO DI LISTINO LEGO, sui set che sono segnati nel preventivo che ho messo a disposizione sul mio sito web (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) I just won one on Ebay. I thought it might work well in a truck transmission. (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Ebay auction... (suspect?)

(Note to Moderators, If this post is not appropriate please fell free to remove it.) Dear TLG, I note the following EBAY auction: (URL) seller claims: "THIS DISC IS NOT AN UNAUTHORISED COPY.THE COPYRIGHT OF THE CONTENT IS EITHER, OWNED BY THE (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  TechnicBRICKs Blog

Hello, my name is Fernando and nickame here is Conchas, as well as at some other Forums. I'm a member of PLUG (Portuguese LUG), use to participate very actively at PLUG forum and much less often at EuroBricks forum. Some time ago, decided to start a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Snap rivet toy?

(...) It only took five years to find out, but the toy was called Schleich S-Point. For example: (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  One Day Show Sunday

Well, we are all set up for our winter one day show, and we have a few new surprises in store to boot! If you can't make it by, look for pics right after Christmas! JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Yes, I have both of these sets. After I finish all of the "regular" Technic sets, I plan to go back and add some of these unique supplemental sets. The gear reduction blocks are especially interesting, and are needed for some of the models in (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

Hi Tore, I've been following what you've been doing with great interest, and have some exciting ideas using your datshine program. However, I can't seem to get it to work. I've downloaded the program and extracted it to my LDraw directory. I run it (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go? (US-Sensor in angle)

Strangely, it slows down, i.e. it detects the further distance (less reflection?) in the same angle. I tried to put the US-sensor vertically. It still shows the same effect. I also notice the closer it comes the larger angle it needs to get a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JtGwC5.7K4@lugnet.com... (...) month the LDRAW files posted there are from? There's no indication at all which month the visitor is looking at just by clicking, and people that bookmark (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: A Power-Functions Remote-Controlled Car

(...) Excellent video, Sivan - I can see this is fun to play around with. I have to admit that I was as of yet unaware of the power functions system. While I figure that an RCX with IR remote and some decent design work might also be quite (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  LEGO Technic tora no maki!!!

Il giapponesissimo Yoshihito Isogawa ha rilasciato a settembre scorso il suo libro "LEGO Technic tora no maki": (URL) libro è un PDF di ottanta megabytes (maremma carrettera!) in cui vengono spiegati, esclusivamente attraverso foto e illustrazioni, (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/POTM contest: (URL) currently have 4 entries for the MOTM, 3 for the POTM and many for the SOTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) Why should it be so complicate. I think about a DLL that gets only some informations like: Filename(to render),LDrawPath, LDConfigPath, BackgroundColor, DefaultColor and hDC for output. All other stuff should be done in a black box. This would (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) I just have tested this option and the result is that all stood still and can only be closed. This shut down then the complete GUI of VB5. Thats my first feedback for this. In general I would like more a dll or whatever, that I can show also (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us

(...) Don't you just love how TRU marks up almost all Lego sets by $1-$3? It's just like the "glory" days of KB, where they'd horrendously markup prices and then have "sales" that bring the price back to normal. Oh well. I had to have the sets (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Ha, I had to build a bridge to complete my current layout- (URL) It's a suspension bridge, as it takes a oodle of parts to make any other total lego solution to 3+ m bridges. James Powell (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us

(...) The Toys-R-Us on Winchester in San Jose had all four sets available. The biggest set was $69.99 the other three were a dollar more than the suggested price. Bruce (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  A Power-Functions Remote-Controlled Car

I uploaded a video (with some stills in it) of a Power-Functions remote controlled car. It uses a dual-differential drive so that it can go straight well. (The video also shows stills of an earlier version that used a more conventional steering; but (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go? (US-Sensor in angle)

(...) At a glancing angle (not approaching the wall "head on" at 90°, but at an angle) very little sound energy will be reflected back towards the sensor. If there isn't enough energy reflected back for the sensor to "hear" the echo, it won't detect (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Displaying my set collections at LEGO-palooza

Hello! That's a nice way to present your sets. Usually you just see them displayed in showcases or display-staircases or the like. That way the sets are hardly relating to each other. You however show a real Castle world. I like that. Bye Jojo (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) Great gondola Elroy. I can't wait to see it. Chris (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) [LEGOSet 880] (...) [LEGOSet 872] ROSCO (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) Windows isn't really made for parenting other processes into another window. Many things seem to work, but sooner or later you stumble over something that doesn't, and there's no workaround. Also, it is not at all obvious that all the users of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go? (US-Sensor in angle)

Brian, It works fantastic. Thanks. Now I've put 2 US Wait blocks. The 1st one to slow down for < 30cm and the 2nd one to turn for < 20cm. This works pretty well when the vehicle runs ~90 degree toward the wall. But when the angle is flat it only (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Just by the way, back in those days LEGO also made a 12V technic motor that was the same size as the 4.5 but came in black. I actually used to have one that I got in a sealed box (!), and when testing it with a train speed regulator (12V grey (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés vendredi 21 décembre 2007

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouveaux articles ---...--- ** Set 7770 - Le chasseur de trésor sous-marin ** par (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Never... yet! Philo (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) There's actually another alternative, and that would be to use LDView.exe itself. There's been code in LDView for a long time that is designed to allow an LDView renderer to show up as a child window of another program. It was never completed, (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us

I went to the Toys-R-Us store and purchased some of the new LEGO Indiana Jones Sets. Set #7620 (Motor Cycle Chase) that would normally retail for $9.99, sold for $10.99. Set #7622 (Race for the Stolen Treasure) retailed for $30.99, and Set #7621 (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Thanks. Even though much of it is common knowledge for us, it took a whole lot of collecting, building, and searching the Internet to acquire that knowledge. My goal here is to put a lot of that knowledge together in one place. I am certainly (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) By the way, I noticed that your site only looks at the 9V motors. Have you ever dissected or tested one of these 4.5V motors? Eric (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Good point, Philo. I did not choose very good wording here. What I meant was that, as a DC motor, there is no "hot" terminal and no "neutral" terminal. Therefore, you cannot hook it up wrong and damage it. I'll go back and see if I can clean (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us

(...) In addition, Temple Escape and Race for the stolen treasure are also in stores in Hayward, CA and Foster City/San mateo, CA (Bay Area) I bought the Motorcycle Chase and the Race For Stolen... this morning. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Technicopedia

(...) Eric, this is a fantastic resource you are creating. I can't wait to see further updates - even if for some of us what you write is common knowledge, it still makes good reading and I always find something new to appreciate. As a side note, (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) The best bet (and one option I've been eying for a while) is LDView. It's source is open and it's written generically enough that it could be completely cross platform. -Orion (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Technicopedia

Hi Blakbird, Little note about 4.5V motor: when you say "The motor is DC, so polarity is not important."... precisely since it is a DC motor, polarity IS important, rotation direction depends on it... Philo (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 5 button simplex locks

(...) Chris, I've been working on variations on my pneumatic inchworm, so I've got pneumatics on the brain again. I've got to break the camera out soon. I've got a 3 piston 3 switch octopod that I got working. I've also got a 7 segment inchworm with (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group] Les nouveautés jeudi 20 décembre 2007

Bonjour Voici la lettre d'information du site "FreeLUG : French Enthusiast LEGO(c) User Group" ((URL) lettre recense les articles et les brèves publiés depuis 1 jour. Nouvelles brèves ---...--- * Numéro 12 de (3D)2 consacré aux briques LEGO. * - 20 (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.fr.freelug)

  Re: More OT: Bacon

(...) snip (...) And all along I thought it was VEAL, that converted people to the "Meaty" side. Chris (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 5 button simplex locks

(...) Thank you Kevin, I alway seem to "forget" pneumatics, but in this case, the simple on/off state of the piston would work just fine here. hummmm..... :) Chris (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: mindscript (NBC NXC)

(...) If you are running on a Windows platform then you can start with Bricx Command Center (BricxCC). It is an integrated development environment (IDE) that supports Not eXactly C (NXC) and NeXT Byte Codes (NBC) for the NXT brick running either the (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bacon popcorn, - was something about my 24hr of my first day off

(...) Mike, Thank you for your very kind words. I do this bacon stuph for people like you and me. Common every day "joe's" Last night, I was at my local grocery store, and saw bacon, on sale. Thats all I'm saying for now. Chris (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us

Amazon.com has the new Indiana Jones sets on sale as Pre-order with a date of January 1, 2007. (URL) has two of the sets on sale Motor Cycle Chase 298223 and Lost Tomb 296824 on sale $10.99 – $20.99 in sales flyer for Today and Saturday. (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  valutazione 7864

Ho un amico che ha trovato in cantina un 7864 MISB. (e nient'altro purtroppo) Secondo voi quanto può valere? ...bricklink valuta circa 45 dollari in su... Se servisse a qualcuno fatemi sapere al + presto (dovrei vederlo domani) Dino Baldi (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it)

  Re: More OT: Bacon

(...) Ba da dumm!!! Thank you!!! He'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your hostess.... Dave K (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Grunts - Episode 3.

(...) Thanks Dave, I'm virtually laughing my face off just now... Regards, Jerry (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: lego fest

(...) Guarda qui: In lugnet.org.it.itlug.market, Emanuele Parodo wrote: C'è anche il tuo set. Ovviamente appari anche nelle didascalie della vetrina. Ciao Marco (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug.market)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go?

(...) Yes. Move (unlimited) Starts the motors and *leaves them running* while progressing on to the next block in a sequence. The motor state will then remain unchanged until some other block (like a later Move or Motor block) changes it. Try it an (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  lego fest

ciao marco come' tutto bene, come procede il lego fest, posso mica avere due foto se possibile, magari con il mio set ti ringrazio e AUGURO A TUTTI BUONE FESTE saluto !!!...!!! (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug.market)

  Re: Grunts - Episode 3.

(...) Obviously written by someone with military service! Keep these coming--they're quite good! Play Well and Prosper, Matthew Crandall "The Brick Detective" PS--GO NAVY! (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: RIS 2.0 software

(...) Hi Richard, The first step you should take is to run the Program Compatibility Wizard in Windows XP. You can run this program by selecting the Start button, choose All Programs, Accessories, and then Program Compatibility Wizard. If you follow (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go?

But if the Move block is unlimited will the next block (Wait) be processed? and when it goes to Wait block isn't that mean Move block is done and it will stay in the Wait block for ever, because the vehicle is not moving? (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go?

(...) Try a Move block set to "unlimited": that will turn the motors on and let them run. Then have a Wait block to wait for the US sensor to report an object, or something similar inside a Loop. When an object (like a wall) is detected, the next (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 7994 City Harbor Question - water

(...) For those of you who have it, umm... has anyone measured the displacement of this large hull? In other words, how much does it weigh when empty, and when full of water (yes, that's close enough for my application). I've built an NXT-based (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.inv)

  NXT Program: How to avoid stop-and-go?

I've just started with my very first vehicle according to the instruction. Then I added the distance sensor. So, my car will turn when it come too close to an obstacle. I use a loop with distance as exit condition, i.e. the loop repeats the forward (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindscript (NBC NXC)

Does that mean NBC or NXC can be used on NXT? Do you use any of them? Where can I find more deatails? C-like is good because I like C :-) Phuoc (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 7994 City Harbor Question - water

(...) It makes a royal mess, but it is workable...I am not going to try with the new hull, as it is rather wider than my canals are. (yes, I have made more than the aveage amount of work into floating water...no, I have not finished or filled it (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: 7994 City Harbor Question - water

(...) It makes a royal mess, but it is workable...I am not going to try with the new hull, as it is rather wider than my canals are. (yes, I have made more than the aveage amount of work into floating water...no, I have not finished or filled it (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: More OT: Bacon

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote: "Bacon is how vegetarians change their minds." They have minds to change? Who knew! :-) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) I'm a sucker for plain, well-textured freight wagons and this one is a great example. With custom bogies I think it would be perfect. Tim (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7994 City Harbor Question - water

(...) I didn't notice the motor so much as the fact that the boat floats. The image on the box and the promotional TV spots feature the boat in real water. I wonder if anyone has attempted to incorporate real water in any of their layouts. Is it (...) (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.inv)

  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) These off color bricks are from the mid to late 70s and maybe into the very early 80s. The are neither kind of plastic that the Samsonite and early sets were made from, a totally different soft plastic and they grip the same as the newer (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) Well the lack of "grip" is a strong hint for CA anyway. Even if the bricks are not warped, there is some extent of shrinkage which causes the lack of grip - I think I heard from different sources that CA bricks never had too much grip to begin (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)

  Legofest di Ballabio 2008: aperte le iscrizioni

Da oggi sono ufficialmente aperte le iscrizioni al Legofest di Ballabio. Il sito è già in linea da diverso tempo ma subirà diversi aggiornamenti e modifiche nelle prossime settimane. (URL) persone mi hanno già fatto avere le iscrizioni tempo fa e (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: off-color red bricks

(...) Our off-color red bricks are from the 60s, and the plastic they are made from seems to be at least as hard as ABS, so they aren't made from this third, softer plastic. They are most likely CA, but the fact that none of them are warped is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Thanks Jonathan - I'm happy to get some feedback on it since I really was a bit unsure lately whether this behemoth was worth all the time and effort. But maybe I will finally get it finished (with all the fine-tuning that is) to show it on a (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Hi John, actually I remember having seen (and admired) your bridge - what kept me from simply being the old copycat was for one the sheer lack of appropriate bricks and on the other hand the fact that bridges like these are not exactly (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  More OT: Bacon

Just wanted to point out that bacon IS considered a "gateway" food.... one of the items that finally temps vegetarians over to the omnivore side.... from (URL) Kelso was a 12-year veteran of vegetarianism when she went AWOL. She blames pork. "Bacon (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) technic bridge! I also know of the woes of building an awesome bridge, and then not even being able to use it on one's layout:-( But it is fantastic that the kids are coming into the age of being able to participate in your LEGO hobby! It is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: mindscript - subroutines

(...) MindScript is a programming language created by LEGO for use with the earlier generations of programmable bricks such as the RCX, and Spybot. It cannot be used with the NXT. The NXT does not have any text-based programming languages that are (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Q: How to handle commissions?

(...) Charging for the parts is a pretty straight-forward thing. Charging for the time invested is pretty straight-forward as well. Like you said, it's the intangibles that are the hard part. What I have found is that the price of a LEGO work is (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Grunts - Episode 3.

(...) (URL) read it daily :) Dave K (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Q: How to handle commissions?

I've got to admit being slightly lost & stunned on this one, and would appreciate any advice from people who have done this before. Recently I've had someone ask to commission a copy of one of my models, and i'm trying to figure out how the heck (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My attempt at a railway bridge

(...) Nice. It is nice and beefy - but not too beefy. I find a lot of technic built bridges to be a bit to big and clunky for my taste but this has a nice feel and size to it IMO. I wish TLG made sand blue/sand green/teal technic bricks. That would (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOFE$T di Crema

(...) Da buon ultimo, come abitudine (ahime!), mi aggiungo anche io. Grazie per i ringraziamenti, ma devono andare a chi ha partecipato. (...) Devo dire che e' stato impressionante (nonche' faticoso ed emozionante) avere la sala quasi piena di (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

  Re: LEGOFEST ROMA

(...) Anche fare il Legofest nei locali del museo? Sarebbe perfetto, non trovate? Giuliano (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

Skipped 14 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact