 CAD / 15005
Re: renderer.dll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:20:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I had the idea to write a dll that contain all necessary stuff to render
a model and show it in a window or a picture box in windows (W98 or higher).
I have had some problems at the beginning but after some help it works
(with still some problems), but --- it is very, very slow. I have used
DirectX and VB5 for this project and I think just for this task this are
not the tools of choice.

My Question now is, is somebody able to write such a DLL?

As far as I have understand it should be possible to make this with not
too much effort out of the existing tools. But I am not familar with the
language they are written with.

I know there are many guys out there that can use VB and VB5 and higher
is widely used. So such a DLL could give us more tools.

I hope there is somebody out there to help.

The best bet (and one option I've been eying for a while) is LDView.  It's
source is open and it's written generically enough that it could be completely
cross platform.

-Orion