 CAD / 15004
Re: renderer.dll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:49:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I had the idea to write a dll that contain all necessary stuff to render
a model and show it in a window or a picture box in windows (W98 or higher).

Wow.  That would be very awesome. :)

I have had some problems at the beginning but after some help it works
(with still some problems), but --- it is very, very slow. I have used
DirectX and VB5 for this project and I think just for this task this are
not the tools of choice.

I don't remember - does VB5 have native code compilation?  This would probably
be one situation where that would be a good option to use, for performance.

I also seem to remember that VB5 came with a code profiler.  If that's the case,
you could use that tool to find out what sections of code are doing most  of the
processing.  A code profiler can be very useful to de-slug a program.

But, bottom line, VB5 would not be my first choice for a high performance coding
language.

Steve