 Marketplace / Shopping / 12797
Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
I went to the Toys-R-Us store and purchased some of the new LEGO Indiana Jones
Sets. Set #7620 (Motor Cycle Chase) that would normally retail for $9.99, sold
for $10.99.  Set #7622 (Race for the Stolen Treasure) retailed for $30.99, and
Set #7621 (Lost tomb) retailed for $20.99.  So all of the sets have increased in
price by $1.00.  There were others sets in the series in the Potomac Mills
Toy-R-Us.  I thought the rest were a little expensive.

I would have rather waited and purchased the sets at the LEGO stores, but with
my schedule, I decided not to wait.  Besides these were my Christmas gift to
myself.

I am not sure who in LEGO management decided to not release the sets in the LEGO
retail outlet today after initially telling the stores that today was the
release date.  All of the LEGO retail outlets were told not to sell the sets
until December 31, 2007.  The LEGO.com site has been updated in the theme
section to include the Indiana Jones series but there are no photos or details
on the sets.

The Toys-R-Us on Winchester in San Jose had all four sets available. The biggest
set was $69.99 the other three were a dollar more than the suggested price.

Bruce