 Marketplace / Shopping / 12798
Re: New Indiana Jones Sets at Toys-R-Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
I went to the Toys-R-Us store and purchased some of the new LEGO Indiana Jones
Sets. Set #7620 (Motor Cycle Chase) that would normally retail for $9.99, sold
for $10.99.  Set #7622 (Race for the Stolen Treasure) retailed for $30.99, and
Set #7621 (Lost tomb) retailed for $20.99.  So all of the sets have increased in
price by $1.00.  There were others sets in the series in the Potomac Mills
Toy-R-Us.  I thought the rest were a little expensive.

Don't you just love how TRU marks up almost all Lego sets by $1-$3?  It's just
like the "glory" days of KB, where they'd horrendously markup prices and then
have "sales" that  bring the price back to normal.

Oh well.  I had to have the sets anyway, and my Cleveland area TRU had all but
the largest set in stock.  I'm deeply in love with the Doctors Jones minifigs.
They are absolutely perfect.  They're the kind of minifigs that will make a guy
start accepting fleshies.

-Adrian