 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17601
Re: 5 button simplex locks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:11:36 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Kevin L. Clague wrote:
You could build a robot to pick the lock.

Kevin
HUGE smile.

After I heard about Iain doing a lego robot to crack the 40 number
master combo locks, I've always wanted to try a go at robot lock picking.

Ive already decided that I would just cheat and use a LOOKUP table for
the 120  five digit numbers.... I just wish there was a nice lego solenoid.

Chris

You could always try pneumatics.....

Kevin

Thank you Kevin,

I alway seem to "forget" pneumatics, but in this case, the simple on/off
state of the piston would work just fine here.

hummmm.....

:)

Chris

Chris,
  I've been working on variations on my pneumatic inchworm, so I've got
pneumatics on the brain again.

  I've got to break the camera out soon.  I've got a 3 piston 3 switch octopod
that I got working.  I've also got a 7 segment inchworm with two waves traveling
down the body.  I've been trying to get something like a sidewinder snake going,
but a reasonably sized solution has eluded me.  A six foot snake is just too big
IMHO.

  I'd guess you'd want to use the square bottomed medium piston, because square
bottom allows you to force the angle of the piston rod.

Off to Duluth Minnesota!

  Merry Christmas.

Kevin