 Robotics / 27312
Re: mindscript (NBC NXC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, bigboss97 <bigboss97.geo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Does that mean NBC or NXC can be used on NXT?
Do you use any of them?
Where can I find more deatails?
C-like is good because I like C  :-)

Phuoc

If you are running on a Windows platform then you can start with Bricx Command
Center (BricxCC).  It is an integrated development environment (IDE) that
supports Not eXactly C (NXC) and NeXT Byte Codes (NBC) for the NXT brick running
either the standard NXT firmware (the latest of which is v1.05) or the freely
available open source enhanced NBC/NXC firmware, which is 100% compatible with
the standard firmware with a few speed enhancements, bug fixes, and additional
features.  You can find information about getting started with BricxCC at
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/.  BricxCC also supports MindScript, LASM, and
NQC for the previous generations of LEGO programmable bricks.

If you are running a non-Windows platform then you can still use the NBC/NXC
compiler to write programs for the NXT since the compiler is available for
Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX, and other platforms.  The compiler source code is
available and the latest beta compiler binary is also available at
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/

On the NBC website there are PDF files and tutorials for learning to program
with either NBC (if you like pedal-to-the-metal assembly programming) or NXC (if
you prefer a C syntax).  If you have ever used Not Quite C for the RCX and other
LEGO programmable bricks then learning NXC will be a breeze.  Be sure to read
through the NXC tutorial and the NXC Guide as well.  My recently published book,
NXT Power Programming, is also a resource that you could use to learn how to
program your NXT with either NBC or NXC.

John Hansen