 Trains / 29823
Re: My attempt at a railway bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   Very nice, Jerry! Having “been there” (my ISSC 2001 entry!), I know of the joys of building a large technic bridge! I also know of the woes of building an awesome bridge, and then not even being able to use it on one’s layout:-(

Hi John,

actually I remember having seen (and admired) your bridge - what kept me from simply being the old copycat was for one the sheer lack of appropriate bricks and on the other hand the fact that bridges like these are not exactly European (while I like to build American style every now and then, it’s just easier to build something you’re used to in every-day life).

   But it is fantastic that the kids are coming into the age of being able to participate in your LEGO hobby! It is the ultimate time-spent-with-kids activity in my mind!

I totally agree - and it is such fun to see the kids enjoy the time with their dad - since unfortunately there’s so little of it.

Thanks,

Jerry