 Robotics / RCX / 2933
Re: RIS 2.0 software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 04:16:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Richard Bingle wrote:
I just gave my 12 year old daughter a RIS 1.0 (yep, an original one with the 1.0
RCX) set for her birthday. Unfortunately, it looks like the software supplied
with the set doesn't seem to work with XP (it seems to install, but doesn't want
to run).

Hi Richard,

The first step you should take is to run the Program Compatibility Wizard in
Windows XP. You can run this program by selecting the Start button, choose All
Programs, Accessories, and then Program Compatibility Wizard. If you follow the
instructions given in this tool, you can configure your system to run the
software under, say, a Windows 95 setting (or whatever the RIS 1.0 software
requires). This is not a guarantee that it will definitely work, but it's worth
a shot.

Thanks,

David J. Perdue