 Robotics / RCX / 2932
2931  |  2933
Subject:
RIS 2.0 software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:15:14 GMT

I just gave my 12 year old daughter a RIS 1.0 (yep, an original one with the 1.0
RCX) set for her birthday. Unfortunately, it looks like the software supplied
with the set doesn't seem to work with XP (it seems to install, but doesn't want
to run). I know there are "other alternatives" out there, but she isn't that
tech savvy and I'd rather she learn the basics using a simple GUI than struggle
with something not as intuitive for a beginner. So, is there anywhere that I can
download a copy of the RIS 2.0 software cd (which from what I can tell should
work with XP)? Alternatively, is there a guru here that no longer needs/wants
their RIS 2.0 software cd (having moved on to bigger/better apps) that would be
willing to part with their cd?

Thanks!