 Star Wars / 1403
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:32:15 GMT

I agree with Ben. Being a pessimist with the way TLG has been, I think
we're lucky enough to get any sets with a decent selection of usable
parts. The only way I could see a MF coming out is if they Town
Juniorize it so much, you end up with 10 parts, with bumps for the
mini-figs to sit on. :(

Scott Sanburn

Ben Fleskes wrote:

Probability of the TLG coming out with the Millennium Falcon = 0.00001% chance

Probability of the TLG coming out with the Millennium Falcon (in dream land) =
99.87%  [1]

In other words, in all probability, you are dreaming!

As previously noted, the MF should have a cockpit suitable for two abreast
seating.  That drives the rounded cockpit to about 8 studs in diameter,
minimum.  Scaling the rest of the ship from this starting point puts it at
about 20" wide (diamter of circle section) and about 27" long.

Yes, the new wing pieces are pretty close to the right angle.

I am not holding my breath for TLG to release a MF.  Instead, I'm building my
own.  As of right now, it weighs in at 11 pounds (5 kg), when is the last time
the TLG has ever made a model weigh that much?  Granted a TLG would be more
efficient with piece use and have many specialized pieces, but would still
require 5000-8000 pieces (at least)

But you know what, I sure hope I'm wrong.

Ben

[1] 0.03% of people do not dream, estimated

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Rear writes:
What is the possibility of TLG coming out with the most popular starship in • SW?

Pretty good if you ask me.

<snip>