 Star Wars / 1542
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:43:24 GMT

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:20:42 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:03:45 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:18:34 GMT, "Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote in message <371d72ba.4919104@lugnet.com>...
I think RotJ was the least appreciated because of the perception that the
series had done a cardinal sin by trying to be "cute".   The Ewoks were • just to
cute, something I hate to see in a good movie.  Taking the series as a • whole,
the presence of the Ewoks is a jarringly sour note.

So what makes people think that TPM, which stars a child for crying out
loud, isn't going to be just as cute and lame?

A very valid question.  One can only hope.
But one boy thrust into the center of galactic events could be a subject
handled without reverting to being cute.  I hope so, anyway.

Very true.  Interesting that the second trailer barely mentions Anakin (I
hate when movies change advertising, and make themselves look like an
entirely different movie!).

I hate when the movie trailers are better than the movie.  Or when they give
away what should be a pivotal plot point in the movie.   I *HATE* knowing what
is going to happen from seeing the stupid preview.
(go ahead and insert Titanic sinking jokes here)  <g>

The Ewoks, on the other hand, were primarily portrayed as being cute little
fuzzy bear-type beings.  Something that could appeal to toddlers.

Plus, there's the hokey plot-line problem.  Natives discover white hunters,
plan to do nasty things to white hunters, but then think the golden haired
(er, -plated) one is a god.

Yuck.   I had forgotten that segment of plot drivel.

-- Terry K --