 Star Wars / 1394
1393  |  1395
Subject:
Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:43:34 GMT

What is the possibility of TLG coming out with the most popular starship in SW?

Pretty good if you ask me.

First glance at the interchangible design of the wings used in the LEGO®
Snowspeeder, and X-Wing shows that these could be used on the front pointing
nacels on the Faclon.  Even to scale.

In the webpage, http://starwars.com/vehicles/millennium_falcon/ one can see the
falcon's nacels in the front - they are distinguished by the right shape and
scale as the new wings designed by TLG.

If you take a built LEGO® Snowspeeder, look down at it from the top (top view)
and pull the wings up so they are level...Voíla!! it looks like the front end
of a Millenium Falcon (minus the snowspeeder cockpit in-between)!!!  If you
finish off the rest of the rounded body, it would turn out to be a good sized
ship in minifig scale (10" - 11" in Diameter).  The Star Wars Smithsonian site
labels the Falcon the be approx. 27 meters in length - Which is close to how
big it would be as a model in minifig scale.

I'm assuming this size of model would be in the ~500 peice range, and be
approx. USD$ 50.00 MSRP.

Sencond glance - Take a look at the new and upcoming Rock Raider subtheme - see
the large cockpit features in models 4940,4959 4970 & 4980?  If the top portion
was grey, it would look really close to the cockpit on the falcon shown here:

http://starwars.com/smithsonian/part3/falcon/

What do you think?

Is it possible?

Will it be a Shop-at-Home special item, not shown anywhere but in the S@H