 Star Wars / 1474
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 03:57:28 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote in message ...

So at 7 studs minimum across for a two-seater cockpit X 5 = 35 studs • across.
I threw together a quick mock-up of what such a beast might look like.  I
created a 15 X 15 quarter hull and a 7 stud wide cockpit piece.  The • cockpit
definitely stands out as too wide compared to pics of the MF, but as a Lego
model might work.  LMKWYT.

Well, the Millenium Falcon model on my page is built exactly to minifig
scale.  The math alone almost killed me when I built it (measure length of
random part from book; convert to length in lego; measure lego; add to
model).  For the record, when I did my calculations, I based a minifig on
being 6 feet tall.  Anyway, some of the more important dimensions:

Length: 24" (77 studs)
Width: 17 1/4" (56 studs)
Cockpit width: 2 1/2" (8 studs)

And of course pictures are at