 Star Wars / 1466
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:14:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:09:15 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

... Are their _any_ Lego space sets (or town
for that matter) which accomodate two minifigs sitting side by side?

The Landspeeder.  All of the cars/trucks in the Adventurers line.

(And I'm wondering how well that one-piece passenger compartment from the
Adventurers would work as the base for an AT-AT 'head')

I'm jumping in here late, so forgive me if this had already been mentioned.

To me it seems a ship cockpit canopy or AT-AT 'head' would have to be at least
six studs wide rather than use the one-piece ~5-stud passenger compartments
found in the Adventurers' cars. In looking at that piece in front of me with a
minifig sitting in it, the minifig's arms can rest on top of his "door", like
a human passenger can do with a 1:1 car with the windows down, but not inside
the door. In fact, the fit is perfect: the outside of his arm is flush with
the outside of the "door". The Landspeeder is better about this though at six
studs wide with thin walls (but it still needs a control stick at least! :)

But if they did use that piece, I would guess they would have to make a kind
of special cockpit piece that is slightly wider and covers or "walls in" that
passenger compartment piece or the cockpit won't be "airlocked" cuz the
minifig arms will be in the way.

My $0.02 which is often inflated and only worth $0.005.

-Tom McD.
when replying watch the road for the spamcake.