 Star Wars / 1465
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:39:38 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <371ca48f.12455493@lugnet.com>...
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:09:15 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

... Are their _any_ Lego space sets (or town
for that matter) which accomodate two minifigs sitting side by side?

The Landspeeder.  All of the cars/trucks in the Adventurers line.

D'oh!  I'm not really familiar with the Adventurer's line, but I do have the
landspeeder :)

(And I'm wondering how well that one-piece passenger compartment from the
Adventurers would work as the base for an AT-AT 'head')

And if
they made a cockpit to accomodate two minifigs across that was a little out • of
proportion to the rest of the ship, who would complain?

Depends on how badly out of proportion it was.  The cockpit tube is either
1/8 or 1/10 the total width of the ship.  Anything more than 1/5 is going
to look odd.  At 1/4 or higher, it will look very strange.

So at 7 studs minimum across for a two-seater cockpit X 5 = 35 studs across.
I threw together a quick mock-up of what such a beast might look like.  I
created a 15 X 15 quarter hull and a 7 stud wide cockpit piece.  The cockpit
definitely stands out as too wide compared to pics of the MF, but as a Lego
model might work.  LMKWYT.

-John Van