 Star Wars / 1514
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:03:45 GMT

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:18:34 GMT, "Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com> wrote:

Terry K wrote in message <371d72ba.4919104@lugnet.com>...
I think RotJ was the least appreciated because of the perception that the
series had done a cardinal sin by trying to be "cute".   The Ewoks were • just to
cute, something I hate to see in a good movie.  Taking the series as a • whole,
the presence of the Ewoks is a jarringly sour note.

So what makes people think that TPM, which stars a child for crying out
loud, isn't going to be just as cute and lame?

A very valid question.  One can only hope.
But one boy thrust into the center of galactic events could be a subject
handled without reverting to being cute.  I hope so, anyway.

The Ewoks, on the other hand, were primarily portrayed as being cute little
fuzzy bear-type beings.  Something that could appeal to toddlers.

-- Terry K --