 Star Wars / 1434
Re: Could TLG Answer our prayers?...A Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:21:42 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <371b913e.28601859@lugnet.com>...
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:09:15 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

...  They have obviously been willing to go out of
their way to make new parts for the SW sets,

... more so for the EP1 sets ...

Note that I'm not complaining about the special pieces.  Many of them are
great additions to the Lego building arsenal, and they seem to be designed
with multiple uses in mind.  In the EP1 sets we see the laser cannons used in
two different non-laser cannon ways.

...and the Mindstorms R2D2 seems to
have JRization on a whole new scale with its huge dome on top.

That's not Jr., that's a good old-fashioned specialized piece.  What *else*
are you going to do with that thing, except use it as R2D2's face?

Put two of them together and play soccer?  Perhaps Jr'ization is not the
correct term.  But they've made a pretty big hunk of ABS just to make R2 look
more "realistic".  I could see them doing the same for a MF.

...  It is _the_ SW ship, and no SW
line would be complete without it.

I thought the X-Wing was *the* SW ship.

Compare X-Wing "face time" with MF "face time" in the Trilogy.  My guess is
that the MF would edge out the X-wing, though obviously the X-Wing plays a
central role at least in ANH and ESB, and in SW computer games.

-John Van