 Space / 3877
Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Moulton writes:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:28:01 GMT, "Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com>
Wow. If this is the kind of publicity you wanted, well buddy, let me assure
you, you've got it. Personally though, I'm definitely not going to bother
with your models after I've heard your attitude.

I used to be a fan of Matthew's weapons designs, but I'm afraid that I too
am going to suffer, going forward, from limited interest in things Matthew
says and creates.  It's my own fault for not being able to ignore his rotten
attitude, but I guess I'm OK with that.  If his stuff is great, it will
inspire others with thicker skins and I'll learn from them instead.

That's because you're limited.  I mean take some great artist, say
Picasso, what if they were a complete a**hole?  Does that make their
work any less great?  Of course not.

(LOL)

Matthew, your stuff is good, but you're no Pablo Picasso.

(Neither am I, so I don't feel bad saying that.)

You say you won't visit my site,
in what way do you think that bothers me?  I know my models are good,
I put them up in order to give other people ideas not to get something
back.  I don't GET anything from my site, YOU get something from it,
you only try to hurt yourself by threatening to not go there if I
don't share YOUR opinions and YOUR feelings.

If your goal really is to give ideas, then surely you realize it's easier to
get there and inspire more people by being polite than by being rude?

I may have acted
somewhat rude, but at least I'm not acting childish Shiri.

I think this is an interesting example of how different people can view things
different ways.  I actually thought Shiri's response was rather adult/mature.
It seems to me that you (Matthew) are the only one here acting childish
(except maybe my post here, which is somewhat childish).

As for alienating myself, well, I can't say I much care.
Enjoy yourself.
Imagine how wonderful the world would be if we all thought like you,
shared only your opinions, only liked the things you did, gosh, what a
wonderful world it'd be then, huh?

Mandroid was much better at your game than you'll ever be.

I did give constructive criticism.  If I had just said, "Oh well
you're an absolute waste when it comes to building anything with Lego"
THAT would be non constructive.

That's funny, that's what I heard when you opened your bu^H^Hmouth.

I simply stated that I had a fear
that whatever he was going to eventually come out with would not be
anything new or interesting to me.  AND ONLY ME!!!

Uhh, tell me again, why we should care what you think?

I have friends who are like me, people who like their friends to be
completely open and honest.  I would hope that if I ever came up with
a Lego design that didn't look good people would say so and
specifically tell me why so that I could improve the idea and learn
from it.  [...]

Matthew, it's apparent that you've got some deep-rooted psychological issues.
Are either or your parents perfectionists or alcoholics?  Have you considered
seeking professional counseling or cognitive therapy?

--Todd