 Space / 3875
Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Moulton writes:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:22:02 GMT, "Jude Beaudin"
<shiningblade@home.com> wrote:

The words, "I'm afraid" and "this is going to suck." come directly to
mind once arriving at your webpage.  Keep in mind that's just my
personal opinion and probably not shared by anyone else.

<snip>

Ouch!!!

That is far from what the page is gonna look like. I just wanted to get a • buzz
going. I did not want to invest much time in the layout of a page with a • simple
preview picture (the little teaser).

What bothered me about it was that you touted it as if it was
something really incredible and I thought it was.

Frankly, I didn't intend the post for you. It was for my friends here on
LUGNET, you know some of the ones who replied to you as well as others. I have
been active in the community for a little while now and only have a couple of
pictures on Brickshelf to show for my creativity. I wanted to let my friends
here know I am in the midst of planning my own LEGO web pages so I included a
simple picture on the home page to begin to stir up their curiosity.

I apologize that Todd has not added in lugnet.space.Jude's-friends but he has
been busy working on other projects.

Until I arrived,
only to find a render of a minifig character with a headlight instead
of a head.  I mean if that was such an impressive thing to do I might
have been a little more intrigued, however I can't think of anyone
whose ever played with Legos who hasn't at some point tried sticking
funny things on minifig characters.

The head was inspired by the TV show MASK many years back and I have kept
it 'alive' in my collection ever since I first saw the show on Global here in
Ottawa.

If I was 6 I may have found it to
be somewhat interesting however at this age it denotes nothing such as
skill or artistry when it comes to building Lego models.

lit·tle
Pronunciation: 'li-t&l
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): lit·tler /'li-t&l-&r, 'lit-l&r/; or less /'les/; or
less·er /'le-s&r/; lit·tlest /'li-t&l-&st, 'lit-l&st/; or least /'lEst/
Etymology: Middle English littel, from Old English lytel; akin to Old High
German luzzil little
Date: before 12th century
1 : not big: as a : small in size or extent : TINY <has little feet> b : YOUNG
<was too little to remember> c of a plant or animal : small in comparison with
related forms -- used in vernacular names d : small in number e : small in
condition, distinction, or scope <big business trampling on the little fellow>
f : NARROW, MEAN <the pettiness of little minds> g : pleasingly small <a cute
little thing> h -- used as an intensive <why, you little devil!>
2 : not much: as a : existing only in a small amount or to a slight degree
<has little money> b : short in duration : BRIEF c : existing to an
appreciable though not extensive degree or amount -- used with a <had a little
money in the bank>
3 : small in importance or interest : TRIVIAL
synonym see SMALL

Did I use this word correctly in describing my teaser for my friends?

BTW, are you afraid of yellow or something? :-)

Jude

There's nothing wrong with yellow at all...however the color denotes
happiness which makes the old Blacktron look like the happy, evil
people or something.  And people wonder why Lego changed Blacktrons
colors...yeesh.

I know you aren't afraid of yellow I was only trying to keep the mood light.

-Matthew

Matthew, can I ask you to please refrain from commenting on my site unless you
choose to submit your comments in a constructive manner. Personally, I did not
appreciate the manner in which you replied to my posting.

Jude