 Space / 3851
Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:25:03 GMT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:22:02 GMT, "Jude Beaudin"
<shiningblade@home.com> wrote:

The words, "I'm afraid" and "this is going to suck." come directly to
mind once arriving at your webpage.  Keep in mind that's just my
personal opinion and probably not shared by anyone else.

<snip>

Ouch!!!

That is far from what the page is gonna look like. I just wanted to get a buzz
going. I did not want to invest much time in the layout of a page with a simple
preview picture (the little teaser).

What bothered me about it was that you touted it as if it was
something really incredible and I thought it was.  Until I arrived,
only to find a render of a minifig character with a headlight instead
of a head.  I mean if that was such an impressive thing to do I might
have been a little more intrigued, however I can't think of anyone
whose ever played with Legos who hasn't at some point tried sticking
funny things on minifig characters.  If I was 6 I may have found it to
be somewhat interesting however at this age it denotes nothing such as
skill or artistry when it comes to building Lego models.

BTW, are you afraid of yellow or something? :-)

Jude

There's nothing wrong with yellow at all...however the color denotes
happiness which makes the old Blacktron look like the happy, evil
people or something.  And people wonder why Lego changed Blacktrons
colors...yeesh.

-Matthew