 Space / 3853
Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:37:33 GMT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:20:43 GMT, "Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com>
wrote:

The words, "I'm afraid" and "this is going to suck." come directly to
mind once arriving at your webpage.

How rude.

Yes, I imagine many people saw it that way.

Keep in mind that's just my
personal opinion and probably not shared by anyone else.

You're correct about that.

Actually as it turns out there are a few people who e-mailed me after
viewing the site.  Some of them agreed with me on certain aspects, a
few others completely agreed with me.  Funny thing that.

Oh which
reminds me, I added something new and unique to the data portion of my
site.  Come and see it if you want.

Wow, a whole page of ranting about pretty much everyone. You insulted
the memory of James Jessiman quite nicely as well.

Sorry I tarnished anyone's tin God.  Why don't you give it a rest
though, let him REST for God sakes.

You then top it all off
with a big self-congratulatory rant about your own spacecraft design.

Not at all.  The only design which I consider to be flawless is the
Black Hawk.  And only because I've spent roughly 4 years reworking and
redesigning it.  My philosophy is that if you didn't spend at least 3
to 5 years on one Lego model you don't understand the perfection that
I expect from someone who tries to say they have something really
good.

Give your ego a rest, whydont'cha.

This has nothing to do with my ego.

I also added a SPECIAL tribute to
James Jessiman.  Oh and be sure you hit refresh to make sure you're
looking at it in it's current state.

Congratulations, you've done a very nice job of alienating yourself from
pretty much everyone here. I think you've also done a nice job of making
sure no one ever visits your site again.

On the contrary my site has gained much publicity and traffic, an
unforeseen side effect.  As for alienating myself, well, I can't say I
much care.  If your friends aren't willing to accept and respect your
feelings and opinions then they aren't really your friends.  I have no
fear of expressing the way I feel.

I don't understand where all this hostility is coming from, but you have a
lot of growing up to do.

The irony of the situation makes what you said absolutely absurd.

-Matthew